Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mattress protection at hotels?

Default Mattress protection at hotels?

My job requires me to travel a lot, therefore I frequently stay at hotels. I am always careful not to wet their mattress. And I usually ask them to put a mattress protector on my bed whenever I remember long enough ahead of my arrival.

I was wondering if anyone else is in the habit of asking for a mattress protector when staying at hotels, and what their experience has been.

Anticipating some of the comments that this thread might get: no, not all hotels have mattress protectors on (Marriott and Hilton don't, for example.)

I'd just buy some of those bed-mats, or just wear protection. Much simpler. It also avoids any awkward questions.

well, i went on holiday to France/paris last year with my friend's from gollege, and privately asked one of the hotel assistants for a matress protector, even though i've not wet in many years i get worried that i am going to have an accident, pretty silly i guess, but its better to be safe than sorry. And paris was fantastic

Also which places have you traveled to, if you dont mind me asking, what line of work are you into.
    Last edited by HakuKit; 30-Nov-2009 at 18:37. Reason: put in assking lol

I work in IT services, and travel throughout the US and Europe, but also India and Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by fallout3 View Post
    Also which places have you traveled to, if you dont mind me assking, what line of work are you into.

Just pack a couple of disposable bed pads... It is a lot easier than asking a stranger for protection.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpup2008 View Post
    I work in IT services, and travel throughout the US and Europe, but also India and Australia.

Thats cool, oops i just noticed that i put assking lol sorry about that.

I normally ask when I make my reservations to have a mattress protector on the bed. But just in case I always bring my own too and use them.

Thanks for sharing.

What reactions do you get?

Quote Originally Posted by doubledbbw View Post
    I normally ask when I make my reservations to have a mattress protector on the bed. But just in case I always bring my own too and use them.

angelabauer

Going back to when I was a kid, Mom always carried Dundee protective sheets for enough hotel beds for all of us, her included. After I was accepted to university for pre-law I wrote the housing director to explain I wet the bed, and would be bringing my own waterproof sheets. I even arrived at campus a couple of days before official move-in. She had assigned me a roommate open to sharing with a bed wetter. The mattress was marked "Waterproof." As a final touch the housing lady showed me the campus general store that had a full size range of Attends in stock. Back in 1981 those were the primary brand of adult diapers.

Since then I have always traveled with a pair of waterproof sheets as well as disposable diapers in my size. By now all the motels and hotels where I stay regularly know I request mattress protection. I assume that is entered in their computers, so when I make a reservation even at a different branch, they know.

Never once has anyone on a hotel or motel staff teased me.

During our current trip in Australia I have had marvelous cooperation from the motels, especially the bed and breakfast. They received and held shipments of Tena for my arrival. The challenge at two places was the limited trash disposal. I needed to store my used disposables in trash bags so a couple of times a week I could take them to the mainland on the morning ferry, where I could dispose of them in a bin.

For the times I have stayed in Hotels, I have never asked, I just make sure I bring my own disposable bed protectors and good diapers.