Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Doh...

Default Doh...

Well I just finished talking to my friend. I asked her if her best friend was a flirtatious girl. B/c, well all my texts from this month were from her friend and a majority of such texts seemed like she was flirting with me. My friend told me that Though the messages may seem flirtatious, she is probably just being nice.

So, that kind of made me feel like a jackass for assuming that right away. I am still convinced that a few are flirtatious ones, but probably not.

I really do like this girl though, I love her personality and the way she thinks. She is like the first girl I have actually been interested in about 2 years, I have never liked anyone ever since my last burning failure of romantic conquest.

So, how do I get someone to like me? I mean I wouldn't think that I can prep this like you would prep a military operation. Like ok D-Day is on this day and one month preceding that, we will be together. So how do I tell when, or if she likes me, when to ask her out, etc. This is such a foreign practice to me.

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    So, how do I get someone to like me?
    If your first 300 threads didn't answer this question, I'm pretty sure this one won't!

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    It might offer insight.
    Dude, there isn't anymore we can offer to help. If your regular personality isn't going to get someone to like you, then there really isn't much you can do. You can try to change yourself to please someone else, but that's just being fake.

Really? You can't force someone to like you. You can't change someone. If you love her, then be yourself. Relationships can't be based on lies. Ugh.

well that is the thing, it a few messages seemed like she was flirting with me and she has told me that I am interesting and offered her another POV in her life, so she does enjoy talking to me, I would just prefer to try to get her to like me more.

Maybe it does seem like I am trying to force this fantasy to come true. But, I guess that is just b/c I am a fucking looser, so you are all right, I will probably end up alone for ever, but is nice to entertain the idea that I won't suffer pain for ever.

Try being as real as possible with her. Then again, even at 17 (as I have turned 19 only today, i feel that I have some sort of experience with such things) nobody really knows who the hell they are or even what they want to do with their life. Take everything you know about high-school relationships and throw it out the window! Because you know what? Once you leave high school everything that you knew about relationships becomes irrelevant and obsolete.
    Just be yourself, if your witty and clever, make a witty comment back and use your personality traits to try to get answers from her like this "Do you like me? Cause I kinda like you, but I don't want you to know".
    Just be yourself, cause, even though I don't necessarily play for the same team, I do know a thing or two about the female race (how do you think I found out I was gay?)
    # 1 RULE! DO NOT DROP THE "I LIKE DIAPERS BOMB!" whatever you do, do NOT bring your non-mainstream fetish (that is if it is a fetish for you, iunno) into a casual relationship! It just simply does not work, unless you meet a total goddess who is all-accepting and willing to make you happy no matter what, believe me, I've found that girl before, and even then, if she ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

The moral of the story is that you can't "make" anyone like you. Just like you can't "make" vinegar like baking soda... that's chemistry. And relationships are like metaphorical chemistry sets. You just gotta keep balancing the equation, and if either side gets unbalanced, your bound to have a hole in your table, and a melted shoe.

Just turn on the charm that makes you, you. That's the catalyst.

Text her back saying would you like to come to the movies or something with me, if she says yes then that means she likes you, and wants to spend time with you, if she says no then she may only want to be friends, if you really like her then just ask her out, if you are too shy then get your friend to ask her best friend if she likes you, then youll know for sure.

youre not a f*****g loser

That is the best relationship analogy I have ever heard, seriously. I do make whitty comments to her and she likes it, I just don't want to say "I kind of like you" and have that totally fuck everything up, believe me that has happened before.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post
    (as I have turned 19 only today,
    Happy Birthday!