Thread: Dutch Dl

Default Dutch Dl

Hi, I am an rather old Dutch Dl with some AB traits. I work in the IT. My hobby´s are trams, trains and certainly not automobiles. In the autumn of my live I´m getting more interested in art.
    Last edited by gnoom; 28-Nov-2009 at 15:09.

GaashaHuzzah

Dutch is just a codewrod for awesome.

Welcome to ADISC

Peachy

Hmm...why do Germans have complicated terms for such easy English words as "tram train". In German, it's "Zweisystemstadtbahnen" (two system light rail).

Either way - you must be from Den Haag or Rotterdam then. NOt that I've ever been to either place, but it's the only place I know that operates tram trains in the NL. Welcome to ADISC at any rate!

Peachy

Wingychan

Welcome
    Here, Here to our honorable, new member.

Hey gnoom Welcome to ADISC

What kind of art are you into, i do some still life myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    Hmm...why do Germans have complicated terms for such easy English words as "tram train". In German, it's "Zweisystemstadtbahnen" (two system light rail).

Either way - you must be from Den Haag or Rotterdam then. NOt that I've ever been to either place, but it's the only place I know that operates tram trains in the NL. Welcome to ADISC at any rate!

Peachy
    I don´t live in Rotterdam, nor in the Hague, and ich bin kein Berliner. I visited all these towns but I live somewhere in the south of the Netherlands where there are trains but no trams. Amsterdam and Utrecht also have trams and trains are everwhere. I didn´t mean to write trams and trains together though, I only forgot the comma in between.
    Last edited by gnoom; 28-Nov-2009 at 16:16.

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by gnoom View Post
    Amsterdam and Utrecht also have trams and trains are everwhere. I didn´t mean to write trams and trains together though, I only forgot the comma in between.
    Lol...one comma, and it has a completely different meaning! Yeah, Amsterdam has trams too (and nutters as drivers!). Never been to Utrecht, but I should really do a tour of the Dutch tram systems some time. Groninging is apparently getting a tram system too in the near future.
    Oh, and Dutch trains amuse me to no end, simply because "NS" is the German abbreviation for "watersports" (pee play), which fits perfectly with the topic of this forum and their yellow color

Peachy

GaashaHuzzah

wait, i have a question.

Is your name pronounced "noom" "guh-noom" or something else i didn't put?

Quote Originally Posted by CuteGaachan View Post
    wait, i have a question.

Is your name pronounced "noom" "guh-noom" or something else i didn't put?
    Well, my nick is an typing error, the spellingschecker was still on Dutch so when I wanted tot type: gnome I got gnoom witch means by the way more or less the same as the English noun.
    GNOOM (here follows the dutch meaning
    -aardmannetje -kobold -Persoonsbenamingen -werkgeest -kabouter -fabelachtig wezen -berggeest -aardgeest
    Gnome: A dwarf; a goblin; a person of small stature or misshapen features, or of strange appearance.
    Some of the above do apply hence the nickname