Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An interesting conundrum...

Default An interesting conundrum...

I had a bit of an interesting happening through Diapermates that I thought I should share... I got a message there, from a girl who was looking for a daddy. Well, I talked to her today. I figured I would see if she was worth it and go from there.

This is the conundrum, she wanted me to register on some site that had a credit-card verification thing. In order to register, to see her web-cam she wanted me to register with my credit card. She wanted me to register through a site called, teenlovelive.com. Well, that sent up a red alert in my head.

WHY would she want me to go to that site, to be verified to see her webcam. I tried calling her on it, and she said it would be an act of trust. And no, I did not register. I am not THAT stupid.

I was wondering if anyone else has had anything like that happen? That girl sent up all sorts of red alerts. WHY use a thing like that, and why use a site that has to use a credit card unless there is a scam there.

Just was curious about that... If anyone had this happen to them before. I hate scammers. I tried telling the girl that I was not going to use my credit card to register, and she kept saying it was an act of trust. I smelled horse-shit on that. She suddenly stopped talking to me when she realized I was not going to register.

I tried to tell her I had security concerns about using my credit-card to be able to see her cam. She just said it was a form of trust. God, scammers are dumb. Was wondering if anyone here has run across anything like that before.

WildThing121675

I haven't experienced that directly, but one of my friends enjoys leading those scammers on. I dunno how/where he finds them, but he then just leads them on, having "normal" conversations with them, completely ignoring their advances and scam requests, just to see how long he can keep them busy with no payoff on their end

So yeah, they're out there, and they are quite a large pain in the arse, but that's just another fact of life on the Internet, unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by thanksforallthefish View Post
    Reminds me of the p p p power book. Fantastic stuff. A long read but well worth it:

The Powerbook Prank: He wanted a Powerbook. We gave him a P-P-P-Powerbook!
    Don't even have to read that; I was around when it was new and very nearly fell out of my chair laughing.

Of course, 419-scammer-scamming is terribly, terribly dangerous. BUT it's terribly funny to see them holding signs that say, "I'm a terrible person," "I scam people," and so forth.

(Of course, my next click after pressing "submit" will be on that link.)

2 different friends of mine have almost fallen for that (one of them multiple times). They both seem to think that there's no way scammers would be trying to target THEM, so why would it be a scam? Neither of them can grasp the fact that scammers on the internet aren't targeting ANYONE, they just cast a wide net.

Fortunately, they both agreed to check with me first before engaging in anything online that involves money.

Haha, you know who tried many times to get me to do shit like that? Adrian from i heart diapers. She was just chatting with me on YIM last night and said she really needed a new purse but had no money. I said just go to wal mart and buy a cheap-o one. She was like

"you dont understand, purses to me are like what tvs are to guys"

She wanted me to lend her $200, of course I would NEVER NEVER lend anyone that much money. So I decided to jerk her around a bit. Im like

"IDK thats a lot of money"

She said to repay you I would give you some private Photo shoots of me in diapers. What a f**king idiot! That just pissed me off, but I had fun playing with her about the topic.

Sadly a lot of the sites setup for us like-minded people to meet are plagued with scammers. But thats just part of the wonderful creation of the internet. Count your blessings that you were one of the smart ones that didnt fill in the credit card info; many arent as quick to pick up on those things and end up paying for it for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by WildThing121675 View Post
    I had a bit of an interesting happening through Diapermates that I thought I should share... I got a message there, from a girl who was looking for a daddy. Well, I talked to her today. I figured I would see if she was worth it and go from there.

This is the conundrum, she wanted me to register on some site that had a credit-card verification thing.
    Right about there is where my alarm bells are going off.

also never knew about the P-p-powerbook thing, good find.

Oh it did set up red-flags. I would NEVER do something like that, register my credit card on some scam site. I am not that dumb. I knew right away it was a scam and I called her on it. She kept saying it was an act of trust. I love how dumb some people really are. They don't realize how internet savvy some people really are.

I love human stupidity.

WildThing121675

Maybe she makes money upon recruiting people to this site. Or maybe she makes money when people view her Webcam channel. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that maybe she was just trying to add-on another client and you became offended when she started inquiring about payment info.

Perhaps the site's legit and she's just trying to make a living in a "cyber-sexed" world. I mean, it's not like she asked you personally for your credit card number...She wanted you to register it with her site...However, if she actually created the site, and you actually did register your card...Could she access your number? How do those things work? I mean, if you were to register your credit card with a well known legit site like 'eBay' (for example)...How is that even secure? Couldn't someone who programmed the site just punch some keys and gain access to your info?

Christ, no wonder there's so much identity theft...