Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for the Bi/homosexual's

Default Question for the Bi/homosexual's

Hey, i didn't want to sound rude or anything, but i just felt like I'd ask a question mainly aimed at people who are either bi or homosexual.

OK, so if your a male i am curious to know how your relationship was like with your dad? Or if you grew up mainly with women in your home?

Same for the girls, relationship with your mother?

I was just thinking today, trying to figure out why i am tb/dl. And also started to think what would make someone bi/homosexual.

Hope you don't mind sharing, thanks

I'm never sure about the idea that something 'makes' us gay or bi; though on the other hand, I don't know whether it's genetic or not: that seems like a weird theory too. I imagine it is a combination of environmental factors, such as your home life, and the sociecty in which you live, and also I believe that it is quite natural to be bisexual or to have a fluidity to your sexuality--I work a lot with small mammals and I've not yet met one who isn't bisexual--but I think a lot of environmental factors can lead you to be bi, gay or straight. Also, I think some people maybe feel more strongly gay or bi and are therefore more willing to say they are such: whereas others, who may have bisexual (or gay) feelings, as straight is the norm in our society, find it easier to just revert to the default, what is expected of them, as that the is the societal norm.

To answer your question: I generally tell people I'm a lesbian, as that is what I mostly identify as, though I am probably about 20% straight, and I had a good relationship with both my mother and my father, as well as having many other male and female influences in my life.

My relationship with both my parents has been very strong, and I have 2 (very straight) brothers, 1 older 1 younger. so I didn't grow up with much of a female influence and I would definitely say that there is nothing in particular the 'makes' me slightly bi, but it is probably a multitude of things, possibly even genetics (though I doubt it, as none of my close or distant family members is gay or bi, so unless there is a mutation in my genes it seems unlikely)

I'd identify as mostly straight but a bit bi (75:25) but, i've never actually found men attractive, just the thought of sex with 1 is not unappealing.

Oh god not this again.

If you're gay I really do not think it has anything to do with your relationship with your father. No-one really knows why one is gay or straight or TBDL or into sadomasochism or inflation et al.

Quote Originally Posted by Damon Gant View Post
    Oh god not this again.

If you're gay I really do not think it has anything to do with your relationship with your father. No-one really knows why one is gay or straight or TBDL or into sadomasochism or inflation et al.
    Yea i know, so thought about making this topic to discuss it and see if anyone has a idea/guess

Oh god not this again.

This.

I don't have a good relationship with either parent, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with my sexuality, but it might have to do with my tbness. Those are my 2 cents.

me and my dad get along ok but we dont agree on much. I didnt realy like him becuse he was unfair about alot of things. But being bi to me developed when i admited i liked a guy. But i also liked girls so it was confusing.

Butterfly Mage

I blame my dad for having a dissociative disorder, but not for being gay. I get along well with my mom now, but when I was a child she was a strange, distant, delusional alcoholic. i haven't spoken with my dad since 1995. he was a twisted, evil sexual psychopath. I will be glad when he's dead.

Oh god not this again.

I still think it's a fair question for Tommy to ask...after all, he is asking a question, not making a statement. And by asking it on a forum like this, he's getting a variety of responses from people firsthand. There's nothing wrong with finding out about people that way.