Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: A pain in my ass - literally

  1. #1

    Default A pain in my ass - literally

    Okay, my butt really really hurts right now. It hurts to stand/sit/do much of anything.

    It started Sunday morning, when I went downstairs to change my diaper and realized there was a little zit or whatever bubbling out on my coccyx (the tailbone, right between the butt cheeks, towards the top). At first, I my mind jumped to three things: acne, diaper rash, and tumor.

    I can rule out diaper rash because I've been really good about using a ton of powder and vasoline every night, and I don't think a rash would bubble like this. I'll rule out tumor too, because that was just the extreme example of what a lump could mean in my mind.

    It wasn't very painful at first. So, I resolved to let it go a couple days, play it careful, and see how things went. Well, last night it started to ache kind of bad. Today, I worked a whole shift with it, working a register. At the end of the day, I could hardly walk or sit, and had a really rough time driving back home, because I had to sit on that part of my butt a lot.

    Now it's still not feeling great. I have a doctor's appointment scheduled for Friday morning now, to find out for sure what this is. However, I took a quick look on Google just a minute ago, and have come to the conclusion that I may have a pilondial cyst. Yay. A Google Images search

    So, I put on a diaper as usual, deciding not to break my routine (plus add some extra padding to a very uncomfortable region, a plus), but I'm wondering if I'm doing the right thing. If this is infected, I don't know how much I should be exposing this to bodily fluids, powder, vasoline, and such.

    Anyone on here have any experience with this? Of course, I'm not looking for doctor's advise here, but any suggestions? Thanks.

    (PS, somehow I feel the need to apologize for posting this, lol. Should I have not sworn in the topic spot?)

  2. #2
    Asher

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by spddan View Post
    (PS, somehow I feel the need to apologize for posting this, lol. Should I have not sworn in the topic spot?)
    You're fine man; don't worry I actually like the little pun in the title (I'm not sure if you meant it that way, but... oh well lol)

    At first, I thought "Oh wow, my 'coccyx' hurts too!" but then when I saw your link, I thought "Oh God, that is not what I have..." That doesn't sound fun at all Dan; I'm sorry to hear about that sir.

    Good luck with your doctor visit! I hope you can find the root of the problem and get better soon!

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Asher View Post
    You're fine man; don't worry I actually like the little pun in the title (I'm not sure if you meant it that way, but... oh well lol)
    Thanks a lot Asher; very reassuring. I was confident about the post while I was writing it, but suddenly lost that feeling when I hit submit, lol. Yes, the pain in the ass was an intended pun, but I just don't recall whether or not I've seen anyone else swear in a thread topic before. After all, some forums are more anal than others. Oh, and yes, I posted the images link to help people figure out what the heck I was talking about.

    As for the potential cyst. Yeah, it pretty much sucks. Now I'm wondering if this things gonna have to be drained or whatnot. My mom had cysts a few years ago, though hers were also staff infections. I'm hoping that's not my fate, and that's one thing I hope to not have to deal with right now.

    Oh well, could be worse. My dad just had a colonoscopy this morning ! Thanks again.

  4. #4

    Default

    You could always just burn the thing off with a lit cigarette. Then again, I'm not a doctor, so my advice not be the best. You should probably see someone who knows what they're talking about. Though if you to go to the doctor's, and you get asked if you've been doing anything unusual which may have caused or irritated the thing, you could be in ankward discussion. But whatever, you'd get to have an interesting day. Now there's some optimism. Speaking of which, sometimes weird growths turn out to be long lost twin brothers growing inside of you. Yeah it's unlikely, but it would be a cool story.

    Also,



    Quote Originally Posted by spddan View Post
    Yes, the pain in the ass was an intended pun, but I just don't recall whether or not I've seen anyone else swear in a thread topic before. After all, some forums are more anal than others.
    For shame.

    Also also, I just looked a the picture. My sincerest sympathies. That sucks.

  5. #5

    Default

    Yup, it sounds like it could definitely be a pilonidal cyst. Unfortunately, I do have experience with this.

    These things tend to flare up, it can be perfectly fine one day, and then the next day it could feel very sore, not even able to walk it hurts so much, and then back to normal a few days later. It's entirely possible the thing will feel better in a day or so. However, the problem will still be very much there. Make sure you see your doctor, even if it feels fine by Friday morning.

    Something that helped with mine during flare ups is a warm bath, it tends to calm it down. Maybe even splash some water in there to rinse out anything that could be caught in there. You'll probably notice that the cleaner it is, the better it will feel.

    As for wearing diapers, it probably isn't too big of a deal, as long as you're careful. It would be a good idea not to wet it to the point where it is getting into the affected area. However, if you do get wet in the affected area, it probably won't cause you problems, as long as you don't leave the diaper on for too long after it becomes wet, and you have a bath afterwards. I'd say definitely have a warm bath after you take the diaper off and splash water in the area, even if you don't think it got wet in the affected area, just to be safe. If you use often, you may want to cut back on your usage, until this problem is looked after. It will likely feel a lot better if you keep the area as clean as possible.

    Also, you may want to look into getting a coccyx cushion, it will help relieve pressure from the area while sitting. I bought one at a medical supply store, I find that it helps a lot. The cushion I have resembles the one you can order on a website called Tush Cush. I've never ordered from them, so I'm not sure how good the company is, however when I researched it a bit I found that people seem to like the site.

    Your doctor will discuss treatment with you, however, like you said, it is likely it will need to be drained, you'll also likely be put on an antibiotic. In some cases it can be cured with only an antibiotic, without draining it, but it isn't as common.

    Feel free to PM me about this, if you wish.
    Last edited by Kale; 26-Nov-2009 at 09:20.

  6. #6

    Default

    Okay, just to let you all know, my own cyst doesn't look quite as bad as a lot of what you see on that Images page. It's pretty small and just dark red right now, but it still hurts a lot, so it's still not cool.



    Quote Originally Posted by Slang View Post
    You could always just burn the thing off with a lit cigarette. you get asked if you've been doing anything unusual which may have caused or irritated the thing, you could be in ankward discussion. sometimes weird growths turn out to be long lost twin brothers growing inside of you. Yeah it's unlikely, but it would be a cool story.
    Cigarette? LOL - oh goodness no! Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think that would be very wise here IMO. Awkward discussion? Yeah, I had thought about that, but he knows me so very well, I might end up telling him about my wearing diapers to bed and not end up feeling too uncomfortable about it. I'd just tell him the truth behind why I wear to avoid some ongoing tests. A lost twin? LMAO - I hope not. Well, it might explain my evil side , or, is that my nice side? Whahahah.



    Quote Originally Posted by Jabo View Post
    Yup, it sounds like it could definitely be a pilonidal cyst. Unfortunately, I do have experience with this.

    These things tend to flare up, it can be perfectly fine one day, and then the next day it could feel very sore, not even able to walk it hurts so much, and then back to normal a few days later. It's entirely possible the thing will feel better in a day or so. However, the problem will still be very much there. Make sure you see your doctor, even if it feels fine by Friday morning.

    Something that helped with mine during flare ups is a warm bath, it tends to calm it down. Maybe even splash some water in there to rinse out anything that could be caught in there. You'll probably notice that the cleaner it is, the better it will feel.

    As for wearing diapers, it probably isn't too big of a deal, as long as you're careful. It would be a good idea not to wet it to the point where it is getting into the affected area. However, if you do get wet in the affected area, it probably won't cause you problems, as long as you don't leave the diaper on for too long after it becomes wet, and you have a bath afterwards. I'd say definitely have a warm bath after you take the diaper off and splash water in the area, even if you don't think it got wet in the affected area, just to be safe. If you use often, you may want to cut back on your usage, until this problem is looked after. It will likely feel a lot better if you keep the area as clean as possible.

    Also, you may want to look into getting a coccyx cushion, it will help relieve pressure from the area while sitting. I bought one at a medical supply store, I find that it helps a lot. The cushion I have resembles the one you can order on a website called Tush Cush. I've never ordered from them, so I'm not sure how good the company is, however when I researched it a bit I found that people seem to like the site.

    Your doctor will discuss treatment with you, however, like you said, it is likely it will need to be drained, you'll also likely be put on an antibiotic. In some cases it can be cured with only an antibiotic, without draining it, but it isn't as common.

    Feel free to PM me about this, if you wish.
    Jabo, thanks a lot. Asher's post was best for making me feel comfortable about my post, and your post was best for making me feel comfortable about my butt, lol.

    Thanks for sharing your experiences and your wonderful advise. This was very beneficial to me. All I had to go off of online was Wikipedia and the likes, so it's good to hear from someone who's been there and done that. I have a four hour drive to central Ohio a few hours after the doctor's visit. I'll be a passenger, thank God, but still, it would suck really bad not to have any help during that ride, and the return trip on Sunday. So I'll definitely look into this cushion you mentioned. Hmmm, wonder if they sell them at the Wright and Fillipis I went to to get my plastic pants, lol.

    Thanks for the diaper advise too. I was worried about possible infection. I'll just change my diaper earlier than usual, and do what I usually do and use the bathroom before I put it on at night. I only wear at night (that way I don't spend all day thinking about diapers, which is what I sort of used to do at times), so I shouldn't need to cut back much. I just won't be using one on my trip. I might put on a pull-up, for added padding, though. I'll definitely be going to my doctors though, regardless of how it's feeling on Friday.

    Thanks a lot, once more Jabo, this really helped.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by spddan View Post
    Jabo, thanks a lot. Asher's post was best for making me feel comfortable about my post, and your post was best for making me feel comfortable about my butt, lol.

    Thanks for sharing your experiences and your wonderful advise. This was very beneficial to me. All I had to go off of online was Wikipedia and the likes, so it's good to hear from someone who's been there and done that. I have a four hour drive to central Ohio a few hours after the doctor's visit. I'll be a passenger, thank God, but still, it would suck really bad not to have any help during that ride, and the return trip on Sunday. So I'll definitely look into this cushion you mentioned. Hmmm, wonder if they sell them at the Wright and Fillipis I went to to get my plastic pants, lol.

    Thanks for the diaper advise too. I was worried about possible infection. I'll just change my diaper earlier than usual, and do what I usually do and use the bathroom before I put it on at night. I only wear at night (that way I don't spend all day thinking about diapers, which is what I sort of used to do at times), so I shouldn't need to cut back much. I just won't be using one on my trip. I might put on a pull-up, for added padding, though. I'll definitely be going to my doctors though, regardless of how it's feeling on Friday.

    Thanks a lot, once more Jabo, this really helped.
    Your welcome, I'm glad to help.

    If you can get a coccyx cushion in time for your trip it would probably help a lot. I actually bought mine at the same store where I buy diapers. I googled Wright and Fillipis, and it looks like they do sell Coccyx Cushions, for $20. They don't have a picture on the site I linked, but by the description it sounds right to me. Wearing a pull-up on the trip will likely do you good, I find on trips that regular boxers irritated the area more, and a pull-up didn't. The extra padding does help. It would also be a good idea to keep the pull-up dry on the trip, or atleast near dry.

    If you can't get a coccyx cushion in time, I'd suggest you bring a regular cushion, it should help. Also, if it gets bad, try reclining the seat. Reclining the seat should remove some of your upper body weight from the area, and apply it to the back of the seat instead.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Jabo View Post
    Your welcome, I'm glad to help.

    If you can get a coccyx cushion in time for your trip it would probably help a lot. I actually bought mine at the same store where I buy diapers. I googled Wright and Fillipis, and it looks like they do sell Coccyx Cushions, for $20. They don't have a picture on the site I linked, but by the description it sounds right to me. Wearing a pull-up on the trip will likely do you good, I find on trips that regular boxers irritated the area more, and a pull-up didn't. The extra padding does help. It would also be a good idea to keep the pull-up dry on the trip, or atleast near dry.

    If you can't get a coccyx cushion in time, I'd suggest you bring a regular cushion, it should help. Also, if it gets bad, try reclining the seat. Reclining the seat should remove some of your upper body weight from the area, and apply it to the back of the seat instead.
    Thanks again . Yeah, tonight I'm wearing a second diaper over my usual diaper, to help add padding, not looking for absorbancy this time. I've got a warm compress nearby, and I've got an electric blanket on underneath the towel that's under my butt. It hurts really bad, as I'm sure you're familiar with.

    At times I'm second guessing the trip, like I might be in too much pain at times to go, but the rest of the time I'm really up to it. I was going to look into getting the special cushion, so thanks for going ahead and doing a little research for me . If that fails, I'll bring an extra cushion or a good pillow to sit on. I was going to sit in the back seat, but I guess I could try to sit up front instead, especially if I don't get the cushion, and/or am in a lot of pain elsewhere.

    Thanks once more Jabo, you rock!

    P.S. I'm one of the biggest Simpson's nerds in my area. I'm watching one of my tapes right now, lol.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by spddan View Post
    Thanks again . Yeah, tonight I'm wearing a second diaper over my usual diaper, to help add padding, not looking for absorbancy this time. I've got a warm compress nearby, and I've got an electric blanket on underneath the towel that's under my butt. It hurts really bad, as I'm sure you're familiar with.

    At times I'm second guessing the trip, like I might be in too much pain at times to go, but the rest of the time I'm really up to it. I was going to look into getting the special cushion, so thanks for going ahead and doing a little research for me . If that fails, I'll bring an extra cushion or a good pillow to sit on. I was going to sit in the back seat, but I guess I could try to sit up front instead, especially if I don't get the cushion, and/or am in a lot of pain elsewhere.

    Thanks once more Jabo, you rock!

    P.S. I'm one of the biggest Simpson's nerds in my area. I'm watching one of my tapes right now, lol.
    These things sure can flare up at the worst time. My first flare up was three days before my high school graduation. That was fun. What didn't help was that I didn't have the slightest clue what it could be at the time. One morning I woke up in a lot of pain and I barely could even walk down the hallway to the bathroom.

    It was pretty scary because I was perfectly fine one day, and the next day I could barely walk, or sit because I was in way too much pain. The kicker was I really didn't want to tell anyone either because well, something like that in ass land is just plain embarrassing. Also my mom was really looking forward to my grad, and if she knew what I going through, it would have completely ruined it for her.

    What I find to be very fortunate was the morning of the grad I woke up and the pain was completely gone, I had none at all.. The night before I was in as much pain as when the flare up started. It made no sense at all at the time, but man was I glad the pain was gone. I ended up having a very good, pain free grad. My first flare up lasted for three days. It came in sudden, and left sudden. I don't know how long this flare up will last for you, but hopefully it won't last too much longer.

    Just make sure to see your doctor. After the first flare up I assumed the problem just went away, but about a month later it came back worse than the first one. At which point I went and saw the doctor as soon as I could.

    I hope your trip goes well for you, I know it can be hard trying to decide if you should go through with something important to you when you're in a lot of pain. I was determined to go through with my graduation, no matter what. I just got lucky and the problem went into hiding just before grad.

    Hopefully you can at least get some of the pain to go away with your warm compress, etc. They all sound like good ideas.

    Also, The Simpsons rule!

    Edit: Something else I forgot to mention that is helpful is a baby cream called Penaten Cream. It can help when applied to the area with or without a diaper. My doctor suggested it, it can help calm the area down.
    Last edited by Kale; 27-Nov-2009 at 06:44.

  10. #10

    Default

    Okay, update on my status.

    I woke up this morning and things were not getting better. After using a heating pad last night and a warm compress until I put my diaper on. When I woke up, I had to change a somewhat wet, and surprisingly, a little bloody diaper. The cyst had opened up a bit overnight. I was glad to be going to the doctor's.

    At my doctor's, I didn't have to even say a word; he just looked at the way I was sitting and knew what was going on. He's really good at cyst work, btw. He told me he was on the fence though, as to whether or not I should have it lanced and drained. At first he said it was too big and too far along to be treated by just antibiotics, but then he ended up saying he could prescribe me clendomysopene (sp?) and see how things go.

    Well, on my way out, I decided I was in too much pain. I didn't like the sounds of anything except having it drained and removed. So, I went into ER right after the appointment. I got in and out of there at an amazing speed, just an hour or so. The doc gave me an immediate shot of lidocaine on the tush. Oh my... ahhhh!!! I had no idea the shot was going to hurt that bad, but I guess that is the base of my spinal chord there, after all.

    So, after one shot that had me reeling and practically yelling at him to stop,
    I prepared to have the guy cut right into the sucker. Well, when he came back, I told him that my butt didn't feel numb yet (didn't know that lidocaine just works to elimate the sharp pain response), so he ended up giving me a second shot, but thank God I didn't feel it the second time.

    Even with the two shots, the surgery was still disturbing and painful to go through. I do *not* want to go through that again. But.... I'm feeling a lot better right now . Of course, that could have something to do with all the Vicadon I'm on now .

    Also, I decided not to go down to Ohio to visit family. I let my parents go down there alone. I don't like doing that, as I definitely wanted to go, but I felt much more at peace not going. I did get out to a medical supply store, and got the coccyx seat cushion. It's nice, I'll have to use it. Looks helpful for a guy like me who sits on his butt a lot, lol.



    Quote Originally Posted by Jabo View Post
    My first flare up was three days before my high school graduation. I was perfectly fine one day, and the next day I could barely walk, or sit because I was in way too much pain.

    I ended up having a very good, pain free grad.
    ........
    Also, The Simpsons rule!

    Edit: Something else I forgot to mention that is helpful is a baby cream called Penaten Cream. It can help when applied to the area with or without a diaper. My doctor suggested it, it can help calm the area down.
    Wow! Your high school grad? Yikes! Thank God it wasn't too sore during the ceremony. I can just imagine how terrible that would be, to have to sit there so long and have to shuffle your way up to get your diploma. I was hoping it would end like that too, but just didn't work that way, unfortunately.

    Oh, and I hadn't heard of Penaten Cream before, so thanks again for that info. I'll have to check into that. Thanks again.

Similar Threads

  1. pain on teeth after a night with paci ?
    By kainfx in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 17-May-2009, 06:15
  2. Abdominal Pain?
    By curiousitykitten in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-Apr-2009, 04:17
  3. Stress Pain?
    By AnonKiba in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-Apr-2009, 10:34
  4. Nothing But Pain
    By Shen in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 16-Nov-2008, 08:01

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.