Thread: Presidential Pardon of Courage the Turkey

Default Presidential Pardon of Courage the Turkey

Courage the Turkey, Obama's first presidential turkey pardon

I think that this is the most stupid thing ever invented since this turkey which will only live for 20 years anyway is treated better than the majority of America's homeless. Shouldn't the presidents (not singling Obama but his predecessors before him) have more important things to do rather than give an innocent turkey a free trip to Disney and a full pardon so it doesn't show up on our plates. Your two cents on this?

Personally I think the guy should remove his head from his ass and pardon Navy SEAL Special Warfare Operators 2nd Class Matthew McCabe and Jonathan Keefe, and SO1 Julio Huertas. To hell with the stupid turkey.

SEALs charged in alleged assault of detainee - Navy News, news from Iraq - Navy Times

No! Turkey's are delicious . I tend to run far away from anything that has to do with PETA. I believe there is room for all of God's creatures, right next to the mashed potatoes .

But, on a more serious note, I agree with your opinion, that this treatment would be a lot better if it were also granted to every American out there. Honestly, I don't know if it'll even make it out of Disney. Too many hungry people there dressed up in Mickey costumes and such.

There's always a good amount of PR in any public office, just the way it goes.

Haha, in honour of pardoning the turkey, they celebrated by eating turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by spddan View Post
    No! Turkey's are delicious . I tend to run far away from anything that has to do with PETA. I believe there is room for all of God's creatures, right next to the mashed potatoes .
    too awesome! I for one like the turkey pardon, no reason, but on a similar note... do you remember when Sarah Palin pardoned the turkey last year, and did an interview while like 5 turkeys get slaughtered behind her? That was classic. (no offence to Sarah Palin, it just made me laugh) and Kudos for not Obama bashing just because he is Obama.

I would--as pointed out in another thread along these lines--like to see a President turn to the camera, say, "the bird's screwed; I'm feeding homeless and low-income families," and then follow-through with a free turkey dinner for the country.

I think that'd be far better PR than lavishing money and squandering time for a game bird.

Did he not pardon 2 head of cattle too? Or did that not make the news? Or maybe it was a mere rumour...