Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your "best bits"!

Default Your "best bits"!

So today I was talking to one of my nephews, and he was telling me about something they do at school. At the end of every day they all tell the class their "best bit" of the day. It can be a smile shared, a social interaction, doing well in a piece of work, anything at all, as long as it was positive.

So the question is: What is your "best bit"?

Mine from today so far would be waking up in my den. I made it last night, and accidentally fell asleep in it! I had one of the best nights sleep I've had in months, and I felt really refreshed and happy.

Note: I wasn't quite sure where to place this. It seems quite off-topic-y, but then it also requires a lot of maturity to be able to pick out positives, so I've put it here - only because I don't want it to be derailed by offtopic baner! I hope we can all reflect on other peoples best bits. But I'm still not sure!!

On a lot of days my best bit would involve snuggling my teddy bear.

A lot of my days actually seem to pretty similar because I tend to follow routines, so a lot of times my best bit would be similar each day. Usually it's things like having a good conversation with someone (sometimes someone from adisc), watching a great sports game, having a good time playing a video game, or going for a really nice walk.

I didn't choose one for today because it's only 8 AM over here right now!

today? mos of the day but.. id say the BEST bit would probably be walking into the first antiques shop hat had all manner of items (like books) as far back as the edwardian times

Just had yet another awesome driving lesson Only had 6 lessons and apparently I'm brilliant/a natural

hmmm...my best bit yesterday (because the day hasn't gone by very much today yet)
    would have to be when My sister came home and my family went to a pre-thanksgiving meal where we got to see some friends we hadn't seen in about a year. It was really nice to see everyone again.

Quote Originally Posted by talula View Post
    So today I was talking to one of my nephews, and he was telling me about something they do at school. At the end of every day they all tell the class their "best bit" of the day. It can be a smile shared, a social interaction, doing well in a piece of work, anything at all, as long as it was positive.

So the question is: What is your "best bit"?

Mine from today so far would be waking up in my den. I made it last night, and accidentally fell asleep in it! I had one of the best nights sleep I've had in months, and I felt really refreshed and happy.

Note: I wasn't quite sure where to place this. It seems quite off-topic-y, but then it also requires a lot of maturity to be able to pick out positives, so I've put it here - only because I don't want it to be derailed by offtopic baner! I hope we can all reflect on other peoples best bits. But I'm still not sure!!
    Ah!

Mature + "Your Best Bits" = Me thinking the thread was about something very different.

Let's see. My "best bit" of today is the anticipation I feel towards going through a bottle of rather nice wine. I've decided that I'll go for it, enjoy it, and savor it. DRINKING OF GLORIOUS WINE. It was terribly good. I'm one glass in, and it's great.
    Last edited by h3g3l; 25-Nov-2009 at 22:02.

My best bit of today was getting to see a friend from college that i hadnt seen in a couple of months.

Today, it was the Christmas pudding I made surviving the process intact. I was following a Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall recipe that entailed bag-boiling it for six hours, so I would have been intensely pissed off if it had collapsed when I flipped it over and got it out of the bowl.

It's going to be yummy, or at least quite intoxicating by virtue of the shed-loads of stout and brandy in there.

curiousitykitten

i went out to eat with my grandpa

ha! I went to give blood... and beat my record. I bled in exactly 4 minutes and 12 seconds. I was hoping for 3. Maybe next time. :P