Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some sick people in this world

Default Some sick people in this world

TAMPA - It has been an emotional week for the family of Audrey Mabrey. The mother of two is still in critical condition after being burned over 80 percent of her body.

Her mother, Lisa Brown, flew in from Texas to be by her daughter's side. She said she barely recognized Audrey.

"From what I can tell, she's in a lot of pain, and that really hurts me," she said, through tears.

Mabrey has 2nd and 3rd degree burns. Hillsborough Sheriff's deputies said Mabrey's husband, Chris Hanney poured lighter fluid on her and set her on fire.

Audrey's father said it is tough to see her completely bandaged from her head to her knees.

"To see her laid up in the condition she's in, is really hard to take in. We tell her we love her and we're here for her," said Richard Brown.

The family said they had no idea Hanney would turn violent. They knew their daughter was planning to divorce him, but thought he was handling it.

Lisa Brown said she got a text message from Chris, just a few hours before the fire was set.

The message read, " Im sorry 4 all ive done. Now i am the monster she made me out 2 b. I love u all, GOD BLESS. It's time i met my fate. Good bye."

Brown said she got another message shortly after.

The message said, "Sorry 4 all. UR daughter just cudnot stop the pain. She did this and now she will neva 4get me. Bye"

Brown thought it was a suicide note. But then a deputy arrived at her front door. Now Brown believes Hanney was planning the attack.

"In one message he said, he was going to make sure she never forgot him. And disfiguring her, like this I think is what he meant. I think it was totally premediated," Brown said.

Lisa and Audrey's father, Robert sit by her beside, talking to her. They said she has responded.

"Wiggled her toes. Sometimes she kind of heaves out of the bed, like she's trying to talk back to you," she described.

They said doctors are being optimistic with Audrey's prognosis. They said she is doing better than they expected. But adding to their pain, the Browns have not been allowed to see their grandchildren.

They said they need legal help to work through Child Protective Services.

"The boys belong with us, not a stranger."

For now, they are trying to stay focused on Audrey and her recovery.

"We tell her we're going to do everything we can to help her recover."
    Suspect sent chilling texts

I say an eye for an eye. He should be burned to death.

Yep, tough world out there. Burns are about one of the worst pains I can think of, hope she recovers. At the very least, the guy that did it should be thrown in prison for the rest of his life, maybe some nice solitary confinement.

I think the family should have a go at him. I think the officers should just "happen" to have a flat tire and not be able to respond, and then they should just "forget" where the address was..."Gee, what happened here?"

I think violent mentally ill people should be on a ward... in perpetuity if need be... An eye for an eye? My heart has often said yes but my mind says no... Perpetuating the cycle of violence is no-win.

Eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

People do horrible things, sick things, wrong things. That does not justify us to do horrible, sick, wrong things.

Quote Originally Posted by Babymullet Ver 9.8 View Post
    Eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

People do horrible things, sick things, wrong things. That does not justify us to do horrible, sick, wrong things.

Agreed, but at the same time, he should receive 25-life.

An eye for an eye would just make us go down to the very level that they are. Then we are no better than them. The one thing that separates us from them is that sometimes we feels the same feeling that they are, like we want to go kill someone or hurt someone badly, but that one thing that separates us from them is that we don't act on feeling of hurt and rage like they did. We stop and think, hey, I may be feeling this, but that does not give me any reason to act like a barbarian no matter how mad I may be. It takes anger to start a fight but it's the better man or woman that ends it.

I feel for the woman. Even if she does make a full recovery, she'll be disfigured for the rest of her life.

I feel a lot of anger here too. It'd be easy to say, "Light that guy on fire and let him burn to death," as some of you have said. But that's why the mass public doesn't run the court system: because we're stupid and violent and quick to react.
    People always feel more hate for the criminal than they feel empathy for the victim.

Butterfly Mage

This guy is a good candidate for Super Max. in this prison setting, he gets to look at bare walls in an 8x10 concrete, windowless cell for 23 hours every day. he gets one hour of exercise, alone. his food is passed through a slot in the door. he can think about his crime for the next 30 years.

I've heard of worse things. Not saying that this isn't bad, this is pretty bad... But, really, this isn't the worst someone has done.