Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car Guys....190E...

Default Car Guys....190E...

So for Christmas my dad is going to give me a 91 190E 2.6 with 150k and out looks New....any thoughts?

You already know my thoughts on this from the IRC the other night.

Could be a great car if the maintenance costs don't get too high. Sounds like a decent car. Could be a tank on the highway though, heavy car with a none-too-big engine.

However, in the end a car is a car, and it should be appreciated!

the 190 is the smaller gets 27 mpg and handles good

I had one of those about 6 years ago, it wasn't that great on fuel, had the tightest turning circle I have ever seen, and anything parts wise was very expensive.

I remember the AC/Heat system was a PIA, never worked right, and for some reason it always had an exhaust smell in the car.

But if your getting a free car who cares, save your money and move it when you can, move to somthing a little more maintanance/user freindly.

Listen to bee, also check out my car club at the bottom of my sig for more advice from car guys.

well I would only be driving it 15 miles a day so...

You're still way ahead of me when I had my first car. It was a 1964 Rambler, with the seats that folder back to make a bed. Haha...what a joke that car was, but it was a set of wheels that took me to many exciting places. By the time I was in college, I got a '67 Pontiac LeMans convertible, blue with a white top. How I loved that car and wish I had it back!

Those 190's weren't bad unless they were bad if that makes any sense. They're either gems that run forever without flaw, or they are pieces of crap that will cost you an arm and a leg.

Yay a gift car... and a pretty one at that! I haven't had a donated car since... well... a very long time. Good for you! I am happy for you... I have older vehicles, each with some kind of flaw, and all needing work of some kind... like my 85 Corolla with the most amazingly corrupt bodywork outside Trailer Park Boys!! But it gets 30-40 mpg... and it has a soul.