Thread: This American Life

Default This American Life

Has anyone here watched the show This American Life, or its radio show? Both hosted by Ira Glass.

The TV show of it ran for two seasons on Showtime and both can be fully watched on netflix instant view. Some of the episodes are really, really good. Such as the episode entitled "Escape".

Long time sporadic listener. I watched a couple of segments when they were promoting the show for Showtime. The older couple with the cloned pet bull stick in my mind. Every time I wind up listening to it, I think I should make more of an effort to be a regular listener but it just doesn't quite work out that way. It has had occasional forays into brilliance, which is a good trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Long time sporadic listener. I watched a couple of segments when they were promoting the show for Showtime. The older couple with the cloned pet bull stick in my mind. Every time I wind up listening to it, I think I should make more of an effort to be a regular listener but it just doesn't quite work out that way. It has had occasional forays into brilliance, which is a good trick.
    the bull was named "chance" so his clone was of course, "second chance". My favorite one so far is the one where the 27 year old guy needs constant care, cant really talk and yet still manages to find happiness. They also got his writing to be read by johnny deep, since he wish he could have his voice if he could talk again. That episode was called "Escape" season 2 episode 1.

Ira Glass voice is awesome though too.