Thread: Introductory posting

Default Introductory posting

Hey, y'all.

I joined to be a little more open about my DL interest, so here I am. Like lots of you, I do not revolve everything around diaper interests - I do play a host of musical instruments - but not f'n instruments like some on this site. And like the name says, I DO ride the bike. Any readers here ever do the Santa Rosa Bike Club's Terrible Two? I did for the first time last year - and no, I was not wearing. At least during the ride.

Welcome to ADISC! Unfortunately I cannot relate since I don't know how to ride a bike. What instruments?

ah cycling not motorcycling... according to google.

and yay @ the host of instruments... what styles do you like? We have a wide range here, lots of metalheads, and dance/techno/electronica... few country music aficionados for some odd reason... The last country songs I saw posted here were both about potatoes and were posted by me. (you could search "potatoes" if you are interested in discovering Stompin Tom Connors, in all his splendor.)

Wooden pipes and flutes, mostly. Think Peru and Ecuador. 'Fraid I'm more of a woodhead than a metalhead. And I do Celtic jam sessions - pennywhistle, bhodran. Which actually might ID me if any of you live in my area. And I do classical - some piano.

I'm a classically trained pianist, though you would freak out if you hear some of the stuff that I play. (I am one of said metalheads, 'nuff said.) Love biking though. What kind of bike do you have? Canondale M-200 here, though I'm at home from college right now and the bike's up in Rochester. Instead I get to play with my dad's new-used 2006 Honda Civic 5-speed.

Welcome aboard ADISC! Post around, you'll fit in here.

Welcome to the site. Biking is fun! I made my own mountain bike when I was living in Alberta.. was quite sturdy.

Welcome to the site.

My bike: a (now) old Kestrel ems 200, 12 years old, now with a record/chorus 11 speed grupo. Makes those Santa Rosa hills harder.

Hey, bikingman! Welcome to ADISC
    Man, biking is tough. I can barely ride my bike to the bus station, let alone the Santa Rosa hills. I live a little farther north from your location, but I've been around the Spokane area plenty of times. A LOT less rainy than Seattle

I hope you enjoy your stay!