Thread: Thanksgiving recipes

Default Thanksgiving recipes

Figured I'd see if any of you have some good grub ideas to share, and give out one of mine as well...

Corn Pudding

Corn pudding is much like cornbread, but much more moist, and has real corn in it.

You'll need:
    2 boxes of Jiffy corn muffin mix
    2 eggs
    1 stick butter, softened
    1 cup sour cream
    1 can creamed corn
    1 can regular corn, drained
    1 cup milk
    3 fresh jalapenos, minced (optional, but highly recommended)

Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and pour into a greased (or Pam'd) 9x13 Pyrex dish. Cook in a preheated 375 degree oven for as long as it takes for the top to brown (usually 45 minutes to an hour).

Serve with softened cream cheese, butter, or sour cream (or any combination thereof). Enjoy!

I'd post my turkey recipe, but you can find the same by watching Alton Brown's videos on Youtube. HUGE recommendation though: Brine your turkey!

Pumpkin Pie:
    1. Buy pumpkin pie.
    2. Eat.

PS: The corn pudding recipe sounds delicious!

Definitely try it... It is super easy to make, and kicks the ass of regular cornbread.

^Oh my Jay, that actually sounds delicious. I love cornbread, I might just have to check this out.

I can cook an entire thankgiving meal single handed, and did it many times when my mom was still alive, but I'm single and live alone and I have relitives who cook for me so I don't bother to cook holiday meals anylonger .

The only thing I need to do is show up at the right house at the the time I'm told to be there.

Hey B... You can make this and freeze it into portions. It makes good lunch material.

Also, and this goes for everyone, I'd love to get some other ideas and recipes. In particular I'd appreciate some homemade stuffing recipes, especially if they include apples and/or cranberries.

Thanks but my daily lunch is set in stone, for the past 7+ years I have had 2 yougarts with strawberrys and blueberrys, yes I go to McDonalds everyday for lunch.

I just looked at your recipe that must have a zillion calories, a long way form my 250 for lunch. LOL Bee