Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: sleep

Default sleep

am i missing something??? for some reason i just can never sleep unless im exaughsted.. i just lay there and think.. and then think some more for hours. just got done lying in my bed for an hour... help?

Well... I can't help... but that's exactly what I do. I can't sleep unless I can't physically keep my eyes open :/ Just try and tire yourself out in the day... I guess.

nobodys going to post are they...?

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

gah, cant delete the post or edit it because im on a stupid cell.. but yeah.. i thinik ill just stay up all night

That's pretty much what I do... I sleep about 4 or 5 times a week I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Left View Post
    am i missing something??? for some reason i just can never sleep unless im exaughsted.. i just lay there and think.. and then think some more for hours. just got done lying in my bed for an hour... help?
    I can't help you because I have the same problem as Arlikra and you. It makes a few years now that I fall asleep in my couch everynight instead of going to bed. I tried pills and other things but it ain't a good idea as now I can't sleep without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Left View Post
    I havn't slept well ever since I was a child so I have tried many things. The one thing that worked was a over the counter medication called melatonin. Its the body's nautral sleep medication except in a pill. It does induce sleepiness quite well and you can take just about as much as you want. You could try it out. If I don't take it the days I need it I do exactly what you do, lying in bed for hours and hours thinking about everything.

welll at least i know im not the only one suffering XD.. anywho im not a fan of medication.. or doctors ... or pychatrists *coughs* well maybe ill just go posting a bunch

Could be melatonin deficiency. It would explain why taking a melatonin supplement helps. I'm not a huge fan of drugs either, but melatonin is naturally-occurring. It's also an antioxidant, which is a good thing too. I am not a doctor though, but this stuff doesn't require a prescription or anything. Couldn't hurt to try it if you can.

This does happen to me, but it's not a regular thing. I'll have this problem for like a few days to weeks at a time, then it goes away for a while. Though... I have a really weird (or non-existent) sleep schedule in the first place.

Peachy

You need to stop thinking really. You will have to find a way to shut down your brain like you shut down your computer. Pills won't help you with that, but a strict daily routine will be helpful. I.e. brush teeth, change into sleep clothes, read a book or whatever...always the same thing to symbolize your mind that it's sleep time.
    Once your brain and thinking are turned off, sleep will come naturally.

Peachy

I was plagued with that all thru my life, the only thing that I found that really helps me is if I leave a TV on, I use TCM because they don't break in with so many commercials, just between movies.

I don't need to concentrate on the movie just having it on helps me to drift off, I do wake up now and then usually around 2am and 5 so I just have a drink and go back to sleep.

Hope this helps you, I was in my mid 20's when I started getting some sleep *(Drunk), it trashed my school life by being sleepy all day, wish I did the TV deal or the drunk deal earlyer.