Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Banned CODMW2 Airport Scene

Default Banned CODMW2 Airport Scene

A very gruesome level in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. Banned in Australia.

WARNING: Contains footage some users may find disturbing.

YouTube - Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 7680x1600 Banned Airport Scene

I thought it was a little bit much, but hey whatever the developers feel is essential to make the game I am ok with.

What do you think?

Peachy

I believe this is about computer games. We have a subforum for that! *moves it there*

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    A very gruesome level in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. Banned in Australia.

WARNING: Contains footage some users may find disturbing.

YouTube - Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 7680x1600 Banned Airport Scene

I thought it was a little bit much, but hey whatever the developers feel is essential to make the game I am ok with.

What do you think?
    didn't they already get the game there with the mission in it?

Anyhow I am happy they banned it since they censored Left 4 dead 2 to no end. If they censor Left 4 Dead 2 then yeah... this needed to be banned by their standards.

Oh government, how you feel the need to police what adults are allowed to see and hear.

I like to call this the "Hands Over the Ears While Saying 'La-la-la-la-la-I Can't hear Yooooouuuu'" policy.

I guess it's only okay to shoot at human-shaped polygons as long as they are holding gun-shaped polygons.

Wow, Australia. Just wow.

They have banned a few games actually, FEAR 2 was one them for the copious amounts of blood. Its a little over protective, what are they accomplishing with this?

Not trying to come off as rude in any way here, but it seems that the government in Australia always goes to such great lengths to censor basically what their people can and cant do, see, listen to...

Its a game! Pixelated images that represent nothing short of the day to day scenes shown on the five o'clock news and if its about what children see, then once again there needs to be more enforcement of games being sold to underage children.

All I have been reading is "OMG, its too violent! You kill people!" Its a war game. Do they really expect the guns to shoot teddy bears and for the bodies to spew out chocolate? Last I checked, the Hostel and Saw movies were pretty damn gruesome to a lot of people, no one complained about them. Then again, those were probably banned there as well...

(Sorry, random rant)

^^^ I second that.

But it was incredibly violent. More violent and realistic than anything I have seen out of a game. Realistic being the key word, if it were real thats what would it would look like. Its graphic, its violent, its bloody and realistic. Everything they want to put into a game, but it looked so real.

Quote Originally Posted by LstNwf View Post
    Do they really expect the guns to shoot teddy bears
    YouTube - Fallout 3 - Rock-It Launcher + Teddy Bear = Death

Yes.... Yes they do.