Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The new Abena X Plusses

Default The new Abena X Plusses

Hi, as a long time abena fan I couldn't help but notice not only a new look to the packaging but also a new look to the overall diaper design of the abena x plusses. I was wondering if anyone's noticed specific changes other than visual. Do they hold less? More? The same amount? For example, the positions of the tapes are slightly different and better. The plastic seems thinner and from my memory I'm guessing they're lighter in weight.

Therefore, if anyone knows what the weight of what a case of abena x plus used to be (before abena changed the designs), that information would be helpful too because if the box was heavier or lighter before the update then we could conclude that they could be either more or less absorbant. Or maybe, they didn't change a thing about the layout and materials, maybe they just wanted a new look.

Will be receiving a case in the next day or two, will do a detailed inspection!

Quote Originally Posted by Aussy View Post
    Will be receiving a case in the next day or two, will do a detailed inspection!
    There was another post about this last week I think, I got a 12 pack with the new packaging...the diapers are the same though.

-Gus

I've got a case of the new ones. I'm not very experienced of the old ones but I think I noticed one or two slight changes beyond the cosmetics.

For one I thought they were a bit thinner but with the crotch a bit wider, so about the same over all in terms of absorbent material. Also the the absorbent material seemed to break up a bit easier through wear - though it was still pretty good as diapers go. Overall it is still a very good diaper. And I'm not much of an expert on the old or new ones, so this could of course all be imagined.

Quote Originally Posted by Angusmac View Post
    There was another post about this last week I think, I got a 12 pack with the new packaging...the diapers are the same though.

-Gus
    I also got a pack with the new design and original abenas, however, when I got my case, I got the new packaging with the new abenas.

I have gone through several cases with the new packaging I don't notice any differences between new and old.

i have 2 bags of them right now, i think there is an external design change on the diaper but performance-wise it's the same. And still awesome!

Idunno, it doesn't feel as thick when I put one on. It used to feel like i was already wet, right when i got diapered...that's how thick it was. I dunno, maybe i'm just imagining things...

lpoolboy

Hey there folks.

I have got a pack of the 'new' abenas. I am not impressed. The outer layer has been softened, I liked the 'plastic' feel. Also they have reduced the fluffiness inside and increased the polymer (I think :P).

When I have them on I feel like I will leak, they are still cool but I am not sure. I have heard that this was an experimental batch and that they will be back to the old ways soon!

Lpoolboy

I agree, the outer layer feels different, thinner, and I guess softer...The tapes are better, they're almost exactly like Molicare tapes. And I agree, they do have a reduced fluffiness inside. I'd say right now it feels like they're about 85% as good as they were before this so called "update".