Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: school mornings..

Default school mornings..

this is a typical school morning for me, i got to sleep at 11-11:30 pm and set my alarm to 5:15 am so i can turn my hair straightener on and at 5:30 pm to get up and straighten my hair, get dressed, cereal, and other morning routines. but this is were problems arise

i wake up energized at 5:15 and i plug my straightener and i go back to sleep for 15 more minutes, but i wake back up and feel thrashed, so i bump my alarm to 6:00, so i lay back down and close my eyes. and it seems like as fast as a snap, i open my eyes and it is 2 mins to 6, i always find myself shouting wtf! and so i get up, and half ass my hair, get ready and leave.

(this morning i was so tired i stepped on my guitar and almost sliced my foot open on the strings)

and one time on my mile walk to school, i discovered i sleep walked half the walk, i woke back up in the middle of the crosswalk thinking " were am i"

anyone else have these kind of problems?

nah, I'm a morning person, whether I like it or not.
    Comes in handy, though, because I don't need an alarm clock. I can tell myself to wake up at a specific time and my brain just knows when to wake me up.

Maybe you shouldn't sleep that extra 15 minutes, since you're "energized" at 5:15.

This never happens to me, I'm just constantly tired, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillhouse View Post
    No, actualy. I'm a morning person, whether I like it or not.
    Comes in handy, though, because I don't need an alarm clock. I can tell myself to wake up at a specific time and my brain just knows when to wake me up.
    i can do that too but i have to be awake enough to were i'm not a walking zombie all day

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Maybe you shouldn't sleep that extra 15 minutes, since you're "energized" at 5:15.

This never happens to me, I'm just constantly tired, haha.
    haha yeah maybe

My alarm goes off at 5:30, at which point I proceed to shut off the alarm clock, flip the lights, get myself dressed, and watch TV in my room for half an hour. Doing this makes sure that I'm awake come 6:00, when I go upstairs for a glass of milk and my medication, and then begin to surf the internet and watch TV, maybe get some homework done if I missed something, until 6:45. Then I shut everything off, get my stuff together, and leave at 6:50 so I can catch my bus.

I wake up at 5:30, laze around on ADISC after a shower, eat sum oatz, brush mah hair and teeths, and wait for the public transit system outside.

Being poor and afraid of cars sucks.

And, damn, OP. You go to bed at 11? I can't even get up if I fall asleep past 10!

As for the question....I can never get up. I just get super sleepy and pass out again. So, yes...it happens all the time for me. But it's okay on a Monday. DCF classes and videos of what to do with screaming kids keep me awake. ....that and drawing in the middle of classes.

lol i only have the problem of the snooze button, i will go from having 40 min to get ready to about late to school

I have to wake up at 7:00am so I can eat, get my mohawk up and catch the city bus (otherwise I have to walk this ridiculous hill to get to school, which sucks). I feel like Mr. OP said though, and I suck at mornings. It's a freakin struggle to not just fall back into bed. I wish I had an alarm clock that would play music, then I could motivate myself to get up to some agressive stuff. Instead, it just beeps at me in a high A, and if I can manage to reach it without actuallyhaving to get up then chances are I'm just going to convince myself to keep sleeping. That's the problem there, no morning mentality. If I say to myself "you should sleep in today", there's not way I'm going to be able to convince myself of many good reasons not to. Guess I should take up coffee or something, help me fight the goood fight.

I feel your pain. I'm up at 5am every day to shower, blowdry and straighten or style my hair, get dressed, makeup, find shoes, get my shit, and leave the house for 6:20 or so. It sucks, but its gotta be done, haha. If I lay back down after I'm up then I get reallly tired even when i'm not when i wake up the first time. I'd suggest finding something to do other than laying back down for 15 minutes.

In the summer when I worked at summer camp, I woke up at 6 and ran from 6 to about 6:45. Starting is the hardest thing to do right when you wake up. Once I started my run I had no problem finnishing it, but starting it was so hard.