Thread: New show by Joss Whedon!

Default New show by Joss Whedon!

There is a new show by Joss Whedon called Dollhouse coming out sometime this year. Got this from Wikipedia

In Dollhouse, Dushku plays a young woman named Echo, a member of a group of people known as "Actives" or "Dolls" who have had their personalities wiped clean so they can be imprinted with any number of new personas, including memory, muscle memory, skills, and language, for different assignments. They're then hired out for particular jobs, crimes, fantasies, and occasional good deeds. In between tasks, they are mind-wiped into a child-like state and live in a futuristic dormitory/laboratory, a hidden facility nicknamed "The Dollhouse". The story follows Echo, who begins, in her mind-wiped state, to become self-aware.[6][2]

Beyond Dushku's character, the show will also revolve around the people who run the mysterious "Dollhouse" and two other "Dolls", Victor and Sierra, a man and woman who are friendly with Echo. Although the Actives are ostensibly volunteers, the operation is highly illegal and under constant threat from Paul Smith, a determined federal agent who has heard a rumor about the dolls on one end and an insane rogue Active on the other.[2]

Interesting, seeing as how Joss did Firefly and Buffy I don't see how he can possibly screw it up. Although don't expect much if it's going to air on FOX, lol.

Too bad about it being on Fox...they have had so many good shows, and treated them all like crap - except, of course, for their precious Simpsons (don't get me wrong, I am a huge Simpsons fan and think that the 1st through 9th season are absolutely amazing and pure comedic gold...I just think they should have ended the show on a high note, rather than dragging it out like they did.)