Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Student Loan Question

Default Student Loan Question

I have a question about student loans. With a loan are you able to make a donation to the school with the loan? You know, to secure my admission to a school?

This doesn't make sense. How would you take out a student loan before you're even in?

More questions: What makes you think that...

A) you can buy off an admissions office so blatantly?
    B) an admissions office wouldn't notice that if you need student loans, your donation is insignificant compared to the financial aid package that they're probably giving you?
    C) getting into any particular undergraduate school is important enough to make a donation in the first place?

In sum, this idea is absurd.

Do it the old-fashioned way: write good applications and impress your interviewers. If you'd like suggestions on college applications, there are plenty of people on this board who would be willing to help. Start a thread asking for advice on college applications, as there are several posters on this board who have gotten into some of America's top universities. I'd be willing to take real time to post good advice in such a thread. I'm not willing to give this kind of thread serious consideration.

Hahahaha, trying to take out a loan to bribe an admission board? Real slick.

Hey, why not try sexually propositioning them too?

Hmmmm...not to sure. The initial fee can't be that much, can it? You would have to call the school and ask them. Every loan company operates a little differently.

For instance with mine, anytime the school is looking for more money, they just do it all through the loan people and I never have to deal with them.

Although, I have never heard of using the loan before being admitted in. I did all the loan stuff after I was already admitted.

@NutFreeFruitCake and Verscha: I don't think he's talking about "donating" like..giving money to the school with nothing in return. I was under the impression that there was a fee for sending in an application, or for the initial payment confirming he was attending the school.

Perhaps I'm wrong. Care to clarify DT?

edit: Keep it up DT. Only 11 more threads until the big 300

I laughed really hard at this. Not gonna lie.

Besides, why would you need student loans when you have a million awesome jobs, your own company and you're the next bill gates? just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    I laughed really hard at this. Not gonna lie.

Besides, why would you need student loans when you have a million awesome jobs, your own company and you're the next bill gates? just sayin'
    Hey doesn't want to reveal all his master secrets to the school!

To Cupcake, glad I could make you laugh.

To Nicky I was implying, like you know...you hear those stories of the politically affluent people getting their children into the best university's in the nation

1. Because of their name
    2. They are a legacy
    3. They had the school a few mil. to "Make sure" their children are admitted above someone who has better grades, etc than their child.

Yeah, umm trying to buy your way into a good college with the pittance you get from student loans is laughable. That, and if they are federally secured loans, it may even be illegal. (IANAL)

In short, its a stupid idea.

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    To Cupcake, glad I could make you laugh.

To Nicky I was implying, like you know...you hear those stories of the politically affluent people getting their children into the best university's in the nation

1. Because of their name
    2. They are a legacy
    3. They had the school a few mil. to "Make sure" their children are admitted above someone who has better grades, etc than their child.
    Wow, ok, my bad.

Good luck with that one buddy

Are you being serious?

I was until about a minute ago, when I looked into "The cost of college" pamphlet I received. Fuck my worthless thoughts, my stupid scams, I cannot afford college, let alone buying my way in. So, just forget it. Forget anything I say I am a depressed fucked example of a human being.