Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game and Movie Soundtracks...

Question Game and Movie Soundtracks...

Is anyone else into game or movie soundtracks? I kinda feel alone with this because whenever I put some on my ipod my friends are like "Dude, WTF is that?" but I am sure someone else has got to like this stuff. Come and state it here!

I just love the stuff, sometimes its really epic and get you feeling the right way your supposed to be feeling during the game. Like Lost Planet's 'Main Themes' (poor choice for a song name), Epic. Gives you the feeling of an epic battle... (And the games ending at that part was incredibly awesome)

So, what game or movie soundtracks do you like? What do you own or want?

I currently have; EVERY single halo soundtrack (made by bungie, so not halo wars.. yet.), Call of duty 4 and 5 (Not real soundtracks, but ripped out of the game itself.), The Matrix: Reloaded and Revolutions, Lost Planet, Too Human, F.E.A.R. (Even the music scares the shit outa me), and alot more I cant name at the moment. I also recently downloaded some of the ending themes for Nazi Zombies. Nacht Der Untoten (lullaby for a dead man) and Der Riese (beauty of annihilation).

I have EVERY Lunar soundtrack, and of course every Final fantasy, Zelda, and several RPG game soundtracks...
    I've got soundtracks from plenty of movies, but my current fav is Watchmen. Wow.
    Also, TV shows. and.. Fallout 3.

Dude, wherever somebody put effort or passion into music there's bound to be some good to it. Not everybody's going to like big scores, but it's good music. Film scores can be really good stuff, and actually played a huge role in influencing Jazz and swing in the 30's and 40's (only classical music that had big time exposure), so really, it's a big deal. Digging stuff like that just shows you have a solid appreciation for music.

Anyways, good call with Halo and the Matrix films, both of which are really sweet. Some of my favourites are Jurassic Park, Gladiator (cause Hans Zimmer is intense), and a lot of Danny Elfman's stuff. Yo-Yo Ma's work in some movies has been good to, though that goes without saying for him. There's a lot of great music in movies, but those are some of the best in my opinion.

As for video games, I've always been a fan of Zelda music. Song of Storms played on an electric guitar, now that's intense. Any 8-bit sounding old school stuff too is cool, and the music from the SNES game Rocky Rodent, though that's a bit obscure. If anyone's in to that sort of thing, check out HORSE the band, who play what the describe as "nintendo core", which is basically super mario + hardcore music, or Anamanguchi, which is like nintendo techno. It's not the best stuff ever, but it's cool to hear. Yeah.

Edit: Also, something cool which I thought I'd mention... there's some movie called Jonah Hex coming out (staring Josh Brolin, Megan Fox and John Malkohich), which is basically a DC comics movie about some crazy cowboy. Whatever. Big news is that Mastodon is doing the soundtrack, which is sweet, cause they're one of the best metal bands around. Just in case anyone's interested.
    Last edited by Slang; 08-Nov-2009 at 08:02.

I have a couple of Soundtracks, notably Thomas Bangalter's (half of Daft Punk) score for the French film Irréversible. Some tracks are an amazing contribution to French House music and works extremely well with the film.

I also have the soundtracks for Moon (Outstanding film - go see it ASAP) and Sunshine. That sort of orchestrated isolationism ambient music is both unsettling and breathtaking.

I have a few movie soundtracks but my favorite is Benny & Joon.

I like movie score soundtracks myself. John Williams, Alan Silvestri, Danny Elfman, Elmer Bernstein, stuff like that. I usually don't like too many actual non score soundtracks.

Not so much on game soundtracks though.

Music in movies and video games have had some great songs in them.

I just finished watching Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World (good book too) last night for the billionth time and I have to say the music in there is just beautiful. I loved the music so much, I bought the soundtrack within days of watching the movie for the first time. Yo-Yo Ma did some music in there too, he is such an amazing musician. Here's what it sounds like YouTube - Master and Commander Soundtrack - The Far Side of the World, if you want, just skip forward to 6:45 it's the best part. The song in 6:45 is called "Musica notturna delle strade di Madrid" (Night Music of the Streets of Madrid) by Luigi Boccherini

I have some songs from Medal of Honor, Call of Duty, the theme from Rocky and the theme from Indiana Jones on my MP3 player. I'm pretty sure I have more than just those four, but honestly, I don't have all that many video game or movie tracks.

I always had the intention to expand my library in this area, I keep on forgetting to add more though. I think I'm going to look at all my movies and see if I can make a list of the songs that I like.

Movie soundtracks as a whole no, but there a few songs from movies that I love such as Star Wars an Indiana Jones.

I love movie and game scores. As an aspiring writer, they get me in the mood to sit down, zone into the blank page, and produce whatever it is I'm desiring to produce.

I don't often listen to music while I'm writing that has words in it, which means that scores are the ideal background! I'm constantly listening to:

Transformers The Movie Original Score;
    Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Original Score
    Bionic Commando: Rearmed soundtrack;
    Music from the Showtime series Dexter;
    300, Original Score;
    Final Fantasy: Avdent Children Original Soundtrack.

While they may not be involved with video games or movies, BT's This Binary Universe and a Chopin nocturne collection are always great musics, too!

most of my new music comes from TV, movie and game soundtracks.

I got Driv3r, Dexter, Final Fantasy 10, and even Lilo and Sitich soundtracks. Soundtracks can have very good music sometimes.

I would get the Lost soundtrack but I don't think there is one.