Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bigfoot: Man in a monkey suit, or undiscovered creature?

Default Bigfoot: Man in a monkey suit, or undiscovered creature?

I've had a ghost thread, a UFO thread- why not a Bigfoot thread?

Personally, I believe it is possible that their could be a Bigfoot/Yeti/ Abominable Snowman somewhere in the world. If one exists, then there are probably more than just one. This fact is supported by the fact that Bigfoot has been spotted for hundreds of years.

If you just look at the facts available, then such a creature could possibly exist.

Fact #1: The experts

Experts of forest regions say that it would be possible for an ape to exist in the forests of North America. They say that the foods available in the woods, would be sufficinet for a giant, ape like creature to survive in that environment. I know may people have looked.. but with all that jungle out there, no man ciould possibly explore it all. There are areas we simply cannot get to to investigate, and even if you did, the trees would be so thick, that you could walk right by Bigfoot, and not even see him.

A friend of my dad owns a massive piece of property in Batson, Texas. There have been reportings all over the area, but no one is yet to really confirm it. Why? I've been out there, and the trees are so thick, you would be unlikely to see a Bigfoot at all. Even if he's 9 foot tall, the odds of seeing him are slim. Hence the reason why no one is yet to confirm it. That's not to say that isn't just a case of drunken rednecks seeing things, but it is possible..

Fact #2: Physical evidence.

There isn't much of it, but it is out there. Of course, I am referring to the world famous Patterson footage. I've seen the films, and seen all of the findings our new age technology has discovered, and I don't think that's a man in a monkey suit. If you look closely at the creatures leg at one point in the film, you see this odd bulge stick out of this leg. It looks a lot like some sort of muscle spasm. Also, the creature has a compromised walk, which could be a result of the injury on it's leg. Also, a hi tech computer scan reveiled facial features charactistic to apes. The creature also had active muscles. As it moved, it's muscles rippled and flexed accordingly. I doubt that in the 60's, they had the technology available to build such an extravagant suit like that. Especially the muscular activity. It is highly unlikely that even if they could, they would go through all of that for a hoax. That suit would have costed them a fortune to make in this day, or back then.

They tried to mimic the exact walk of the creature, and it just isn't possible to do at the ease the creature was doing it in the film. Especially if the person was wearing a suit to bulk himself up more.

A footprint was also lifted from that site, and is the most famous print there is, due to the flm footage. Personally I have no opinion on the print, it's just impossible to say whether it's fake or real, as we don't have much to compare it to.

So all in all, I think it to be entirely possible, however there are problems with the theory.

First of all.. if this is a creature that lives among mostly small creatures, in cramped wooded areas, then how did it come to be 8 feet tall? Seems like it would benefit from being smaller.. Also, it is obviously a shy creature, and that is uncharactic of apes.. They are friendly, curious creatures who will come up and check you out, and those apes are much smaller than Bigfoot.. why is the biggest ape of them all hiding?

But I think the best question is: If the creature does exist.. is he the missing link we have been searching for?(I've heard that apes and humans share 99% of the same genetic code. That suggests a link between them.)

I didn't go into everything, but I wanted to see people's opinion on this, and let others have a chance to point out proof/disproof of the creature's existance.
    Last edited by Drosera; 27-Mar-2008 at 20:15.

Interesting thread, I don't know what to believe of it myself though. Granted, the evidence may be there to support such a theory of an yet undiscovered species living here on earth, (no matter how circumstantial the proof may be.) Though it's my belief that people will always be people, for better or for worse. One can't deny the fact that we humans have a tendency to find what we're looking for, even if it doesn't exist. Ergo in my humble opinion: We sometimes see what we want to see, hear what we want to hear.

- Kenneth Arnold, the first man to ever witness an UFO was misunderstood by the media who thought that what he saw were flying saucers. He only said they looked like they flew or moved the way a plate would if you bounce it of the water's edge. Not long after, several reports came in from the general public of saucer shaped objects in the skies.

- The most famous picture of the loch ness monster, Nessie has been reported to be false, to be fabricated. The reports of sightings of such a creature have not decreased by time though.

- The authors of a book by the name of "Holy blood, holy grail" met with a member of Prioure de’Sion that they thought would confirm the existence of a blood line between the French merovingians and Jesus of Bethlehem and Maria Magdalene. Pierre Plantard was discovered to be a cunning con artist after the book which presented the theory was published. No matter how implausible these theories sounded at the time, the authors took it to be proof of what they had been searching so long for.

One of Freud's pupils, Reich (I think his name was?) discovered Orgone, which supposedly was an unknown material of the universe that had the gift to cure cancer, among other things. Yet such a cure was no to be, and Reich himself? He was sentenced to prison and spent his life on the run accused of mistreatment of his patients.

I don't know how accurate these examples are, but my point is that history have shown us to be disturbingly addicted to the natural high of the placebo effect of all things, we see what we want to see. ...in some instances though, not all mind you. There is bound to be allot more between heaven and earth that we are aware of. Who knows these things?

All very good points, and I agree with 99% of it! Let's save the Nessie debate for my next thread though.. I have a series already figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromos View Post
    Let's save the Nessie debate for my next thread though.. I have a series already figured out.
    Oh yeah, sure thing Chromos! Sorry to spoil the surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    The authors of a book by the name of "Holy blood, holy grail" met with a member of Prioure de’Sion that they thought would confirm the existence of a blood line between the French merovingians and Jesus of Bethlehem and Maria Magdalene. Pierre Plantard was discovered to be a cunning con artist after the book which presented the theory was published. No matter how implausible these theories sounded at the time, the authors took it to be proof of what they had been searching so long for.
    I watched a show about this particular book and the theory it brings forth, and needless to say, it was really quite fascinating, so it's neat to see someone else mention it!

I agree with what Titus was saying, and with Chromos's theory -- there are so many unexplained things in the world that we can't really assume that we've discovered all there is to discover, or that there is certain explanation behind everything. Auguste Comte believed that the world should be based on only what is true and positively affirmed through scientific experiment, but in doing so, I believe the world would be a lot thinner and a lot less substantial. There are some natural functions and happenings that are still only assumed through hypothesis.

So do I believe in Bigfoot? ^ ^

Hell yeah I do. I want to drink a beer with him!

There is a show goes looking for legends spent 3 episodes on big foot and gave up. I think that though the possibility id=s there wit some kind of waste maybe nuclear doing it. There are enlarged fish cause by one of the original tests of nukes onto a island. or at least that is a legend too but the possibility is high. Another thing is from what it should look like it's a normal sized gorilla or ape of some kind that has adapted to walking on two legs it may be a second outcome of evolution for those of you like me that belive that is the correct.

I love science, and though the possibilities are there, and maybe a lot of ways it came to be, there is not enough evidence to it being real. So what am i saying do i think it is real, or not. I don't think it's either i know there is little solid evidence and I know it is very possible, but i do not want to side, because it could be real or not. i do not know if it exists and will leave it at that.

So do I believe in Bigfoot? ^ ^

Hell yeah I do. I want to drink a beer with him!
    I wanna join the party! We just have to make sure not to prank Bigfoot-I'm sure you've those commercials that shows what happens to those guys who do..

should look like it's a normal sized gorilla or ape of some kind that has adapted to walking on two legs it may be a second outcome of evolution for those of you like me that belive that is the correct.

I love science, and though the possibilities are there, and maybe a lot of ways it came to be, there is not enough evidence to it being real. So what am i saying do i think it is real, or not. I don't think it's either i know there is little solid evidence and I know it is very possible, but i do not want to side, because it could be real or not. i do not know if it exists and will leave it at that.
    I completely agree, and I'm in the same boat.. I like to keep an open mind, so therefore I can neither believe nor disbelieve in Bigfoot.. But it sure is intriguing to think that there are some out there. Just imagine what mysteries may be unlocked from it's discovery.. Suc has it being the missing link, which I think is entirely possible it is, if it does indeed exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Rance View Post
    I watched a show about this particular book and the theory it brings forth, and needless to say, it was really quite fascinating, so it's neat to see someone else mention it!
    That's great Rance, for a moment there I thought I was the only geeky enough conspiracy nut around these parts.

Nah, seriously though, you should definitely read the book if you get the chance. It's quite the good read by my opinion! (even if Pierre Plantard and the Priure d'Sion is a fake.)

Darkfinn

Honestly... I think it is much like dragons.

Every culture across the world has a myth about this creature. Bigfoot, Yeti, Abominable Snowman, Sasquatch, Swamp Ape... I could go on with names.

You don't get closely matching stories from around the globe without there being some kind of real creature to cause them.

Dragons are the same way...