View Poll Results: Where will NBA star LeBron James be next season?

2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cleveland Cavaliers-staying home

1 50.00%
  • New York Knicks-bigger market

1 50.00%
  • Los Angeles Lakers-championship with Kobe

0 0%
  • Other-state which team

0 0%

Thread: The Official Lebron James 2010 Location Topic

Default The Official Lebron James 2010 Location Topic

Just finished watchin the Cavaliers-Knicks game in anticipation of the Spurs-Trailblazers (Go Spurs!!!). After one MVP, millions in endorsements, and one championship berth, Lebron is one of the best in the game today. But since his rookie contract with the Cavs expires in June,many are speculating as to where he can end up. A bigger market? A championship team? You decide. I will think that the Cavs will do everything to sign him but I can see him with the Knicks next year. Cash Rules Everything Around Us!

I think the thing is that Lebron wants to be able to win a championship...he seems more concerned about that than joining the team that can offer him the most money (though it appears the Cavs are ready to offer him more money than anyone else).

There have been tons of ESPN articles about this over the last few years, but I read another good one a few days ago. It talked about how Lebron would love it if he was the one to finally get Cleveland a championship again, especially since he's from Akron. Of course, there's appeal in being the one to revive the Knicks to championship level too.

If the Heat could somehow put together enough money to keep Wade and make Lebron happy, I think Lebron would go to Miami...that would put him in a great position to be on a dominant team.

In the end, I agree with you though...I think he'll shop around to see what's available but he'll end up staying in Cleveland. He'll probably hope that eventually they'll figure out a way to put enough talent around him to win some titles.