Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One chance, would you cash it, a chance to live a dream....

Default One chance, would you cash it, a chance to live a dream....

I have listened to a lot of music tonight and one song comes to mind- Eminem's Lose Yourself. Would you take a chance if it meant a dream coming true and living that dream?

Would YOU take that chance. To me, I wish I had. I had a chance in the 1990s to be drafted to play pro ball but I gave up baseball. Would you give up a dream? A chance to prove yourself? If I had not, I could have been playing for the Kansas City Royals.

What if you had one shot, one shot, one moment to go for everything you ever wanted, would go for it?

Would you?

WildThing121675

Valence

If i had one moment to live out my lifes dream, my lifes determination, i would capture it even if it meant my life and/or others taken in the process.
    Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapejuice View Post
    If i had one moment to live out my lifes dream, my lifes determination, i would capture it even if it meant my life and/or others taken in the process.
    Seriously.
    Ditto...except for the part of giving up my life or taking someone elses... That was not offered as a caveat. The question I believe was simply if you had the chance to live out your life's dream...would you take it?

I think most people would answer yes.

-Gus

Actually I did and never regretted it!

My partner and I gave up professional careers to go sail around the world!

It took 5 years to make it happen (our kids were the biggest problem), but we did it and spend 13 years living on a sailboat in exotic parts of the world!

Even the best dreams come to an end though and we gave it up in Thailand after 13 years. Years that we will always remember fondly!

The saddest part was listening to people who put off their dream until they were too old. My dad was one of them!

If you really want to and no one will get hurt by it - GO FOR IT!

Yes. 100% yes.

A lot of people spend their whole lives living in the same city they were born in. They grow up there, go to college there, find a job there, raise a family there. My dad's one of those people. I sometimes wonder if he had any hopes or dreams as a kid that he forgot about as he grew up. There's no way any kid says to himself, "When I grow up, I wanna work a low paying job in a factory, become real irritable because of the stress, and take it out on my family!"

Oh, Lose Yourself. I would cause I always think of what if I had my interest in football a little earlier... a rapper though, I would take my chances. A dream is only a dream if it is possible to come true. Believe and try. Makes me want to see 8 Mile. 8 Miles and Runnin by the way (Jay-Z and Freeway) is really sick though.

My dream is to never have had a shunt; to go through life without a shunt so i could do karate, play football and other stuff. I'm very competative and love sports but can't to it because of it.

My Dream Is To Be A KIA. It'll Never Happen, So... Here's To My Dream Being Put Off! *Drinks A Shot Of Whisky*

Quote Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
    My dream is to never have had a shunt; to go through life without a shunt so i could do karate, play football and other stuff. I'm very competative and love sports but can't to it because of it.
    You know what i would totally switch my shitty live as a whole for still having a shunt. Not even kidding, and i assume you know why i say that takashi.

Anyway my dream isn't anything simple and unlikely like most peoples. Mine is really complicated and could likely happen. So yea i would take the opportunity.