Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Diaper Messing?

Default Diaper Messing?

I was wondering this. When I mess a diaper, it well, never comes all out. Like the disposable would not expand to accommodate the mess. Does this happen to anyone else? Mind you, this is when I use a Depends, Attends, and Even and Abena. Are cloth diapers different? What can I do to have my diaper accommodate my mess?

They're too tight, perhaps. I've had that issue, and I kinda loosened it a bit. Try that...The other issue might be that the mess is too hard.

I can't believe I'm going to answer this...are you waiting until you really really have to go...or are you trying to force it out? If you wait until you just can't hold it any longer...it will all come out. You could try lying on your back with you shoulders propped up on a few pillows (as if you are reading a book in bed)...if you do this and wait until you really really have to go badly, it should come out right in the seat of your diaper.

-Gus

I have this problem too, just keep it less tight at the back. If your using a pull up type, just pull it down a little, make sure theres room in there for your shit...

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    I was wondering this. When I mess a diaper, it well, never comes all out. Like the disposable would not expand to accommodate the mess.
    Well, since the feces is basically being extruded out it's going to go in that direction from the sphincter. Depending on how firm it is you'll run out of space pretty quickly. Personally I keep my diaper loose in the back when defecating and keep track of how much of a load I have. Once there is enough to my liking I stop and sit, this pushes the feces out and flattens it somewhat which then allows more fecal matter to be excreted. When all is said and done though there just only so much of a 'load' one can have. Standing up you can have more than siting just because it'll slowly migrate up the crack of your butt and possibly elsewhere.

Elasticity of any disposable brief can be an issue when it comes to solid waste. I'd recommend trying some of the above suggestions, like adjusting the seat, but you may want to really make sure the actual diaper isn't going on too tightly to begin with. Most of us (for obvious reasons) want to get the thing on as tightly as possible, and that usually includes the seat. Unfortunately, that can lead to pain in certain (messing) situations.
    Last edited by accidentboy; 05-Nov-2009 at 14:52.

Don't force it, I've noticed a more natural action is far more comfortable and...umm...what's a verb to use here...flow? 'Flows' better than one that you force out. I would recommend the classic stand by of bran, lentils, and wild rice to help with 'flowing'.

There needs to be a better verb for that...

Quote Originally Posted by Babymullet Ver 9.8 View Post
    Don't force it, I've noticed a more natural action is far more comfortable and...umm...what's a verb to use here...flow? 'Flows' better than one that you force out. I would recommend the classic stand by of bran, lentils, and wild rice to help with 'flowing'.

There needs to be a better verb for that...

Consistancy? 'Is more consistant', perhaps? Just an idea for a different word, although I am very aware that it's a noun :P. Maybe slide?

Anyhow, yeah this is something I've dealt with, but I am usually able to get things to work out eventually. Patience and diet should do the most help. Some diapers are better equipped with extra space for poop, but not all of them (especially the cheaper ones). It works best for me when I stand and when I'm on my stomach. If I feel there's more in there, I just move around a bit, and wait. Usually works, and allows the diaper to hold more.

That tends to happen to me whenever I wear Goodnites. They're far too snug to, erm, allow for messes, even relatively small ones. Then again, those diapers are designed for teenagers with wetting problems (Though they contain messes quite nicely), not those who can't hold their bowels.

Adult diapers on the other hand, given their target demographic, have much more room for such things. If you're interested in messing frequently, buy some adult diapers. Even cheap-o brands like Depends or Certainty will do you nicely; they may not hold much as far as wettings go, but they are designed to hold a sufficient mess.