Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I haven't used many features on here..

Default I haven't used many features on here..

This is a bit of a rant.. on myself..

I just dont use enough of the features we have available. Like blogs.. I've never made a blog entry, but I do want to. The problem is that I don't know where it is, or what to post on it.. Seems like all of the good ideas are already taken, and I'm not to good with originality outside of stories.

Also, the buddy list- it may not matter to some, but I think it is pathetic that I have only one person on it- Mandi, and that happened during an odd Flashchat session.. I want more people in it. I consider everyone on here to be a friend, so does anyone want to join mine?

I have never used Skype either, but I would like to! What do I need to do it? Something tells me I won't be able to join in on a Skype session, but I am willing to at least try.

The last thing I never did- my profile. Yep, I have an NA, or nothing at all on just about everything.. I have no AIM address, or any of that stuff.. My description of myself is poor. In fact, I think I put NA on that too. It makes me feel bad not beign able to decribe myself well, and I wish I could.. but alas, every time I try, it sounds stupid..

Quote Originally Posted by Chromos View Post
    I just dont use enough of the features we have available. Like blogs.. I've never made a blog entry, but I do want to. The problem is that I don't know where it is, or what to post on it.. Seems like all of the good ideas are already taken, and I'm not to good with originality outside of stories.
    Where it is?
    Here: http://www.adisc.org/forum/blog.php
    Then click "post to your blog".
    You don't need good ideas to post a blog! Just write about whatever you want, tell people what you're up to, or talk about a book/movie/diaper/play.

Also, the buddy list- it may not matter to some, but I think it is pathetic that I have only one person on it- Mandi, and that happened during an odd Flashchat session.. I want more people in it. I consider everyone on here to be a friend, so does anyone want to join mine?
    I'll join!
    Your buddy list is just meant for setting permissions I think, use it to choose who you want to see your blog or profile...

I have never used Skype either, but I would like to! What do I need to do it? Something tells me I won't be able to join in on a Skype session, but I am willing to at least try.
    You need Skype (the program), and a microphone. That's it! Then just wait until the next Skype session, whenever that is...!

The last thing I never did- my profile. Yep, I have an NA, or nothing at all on just about everything.. I have no AIM address, or any of that stuff.. My description of myself is poor. In fact, I think I put NA on that too. It makes me feel bad not beign able to decribe myself well, and I wish I could.. but alas, every time I try, it sounds stupid..
    Well I know how that feels, I hate describing myself. I just did it in four words, it's easier.

You can consider Skype as just the same as an Instant Messenger client, because you can do text chats as well as voice. These can be either one-on-one or a chat-room sort of thing because you can invite other people to join in your chat. I have used MSN, Yahoo and AIM clients for IM, and Pidgin combines all of those into one buddy list.

You have to download the programs, just go to www.skype.com and www.pidgin.im (yes that's correct)

Thanks for clearing that up people! I do have an idea for a blog, so I'll do that tomorrow or tonight or something..

Chromos :

With regard to blogs, just write about whatever you feel like writing about. That's the beauty of a blog - it is your space.

With regard to the buddy list... try simply adding people you like to your buddy list. When they view their own profile (and they will, eventually) your name is likely to show up there, with a "+" link they can use to create a mutual friendship between you.

With regard to Skype... just Google it, download it, and have a play around with it. Get a microphone/headset if you want to join in. There are guides about how to get it set up on the Skype website. It can be frustrating at times trying to get it to work, but it is possible.

With regard to self descriptions... I was terrible at those early on in life. I only got better at them through practice. Through challenging myself to do better, and doing them over and over and over again until I got better at doing them. You can do the same. Don't expect to be naturally good at them. Don't expect your first ones to kick ass. Just keep doing them regularly, spend time thinking about it, and you will find that, over time you improve steadily.

I have an NA, or nothing at all on just about everything.. I have no AIM address, or any of that stuff.. My description of myself is poor. In fact, I think I put NA on that too.
    Have you ever considered that mysteriousness makes people attractive?

Quote Originally Posted by quattrus View Post
    Have you ever considered that mysteriousness makes people attractive?
    Sorry, but I'm taken! :

Thanks for the tips, Moo, those are good ideas.
    Last edited by Drosera; 27-Mar-2008 at 04:46.

Heh, I don't know how to add people. I've just somehow added to people accidently who I think added me. And I'm not sure if it's my buddy list or my friends list, and I dunno what the difference is

I know how to add them- I just think its rude to do it without permission is all..

Sorry, but I'm taken!
    ???

Mine was a general consideration on profile filling criteria, not a marriage purposal!

I always thought ADISC wasn't a dating site.....