Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Idea of A Perfect Date?

Default Your Idea of A Perfect Date?

What is your idea of the perfect date with your significant other, or someone who you would like to ask out?

My perfect date would be a nice night at home with a warm fire and playing a nice board game with a girl.

either that or:

A wonderful dinner at a nice restaurant

Only a fantasy though...

What about yours?

Skydiving. We'd kiss pationately just before throwing ourselves out of the plane. What a rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillhouse View Post
    Skydiving. We'd kiss pationately just before throwing ourselves out of the plane. What a rush.
    You might as well go all the way and do it Eagle style on the way down. You know how they lock talons and dive while mating, well I'm sure you could do something similar by locking legs. Now that's a rush.

My perfect date would be a camping trip out in a beautiful forest. We'd eat food cooked over an open fire, go hiking through the trees, lay on a hill and watch the clouds. I love the woods, and being so secluded with someone I love would to me be so romantic.

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    fucking on the dancefloor.
    Hello, Captain Direct-ness!

That ... huh. I ... wow.

Yeah.

As for me, I'd like a night out watching a good play, having a nice meal, going for coffee and dessert, then heading back to her place--to find that next to the Nietzsche and Hegel and Hume collections (leather-bound, of course)

We'd make love for the next 36 hours, breaking only to go to the bathroom and have passionate sex in the shower. When we were physically too spent to continue, we'd lie in bed and talk while holding each other close.

*Not required, but the other things would spell out the perfect date for me.

A good date for me would be a good dinner at a place like Ruby Tusedays and then going back home for a night of playing videogames and watching anime.

I hate dinner and a movie dates.

For that matter, I hate dinner dates. They're extremely awkward (at least to me) simply because I either prattle on like an idiot because I'm nervous, or I have nothing to say.

An ideal date for me would be a group date, actually, making dinner and playing games, then good ol fingerpainting contest afterward. I love fun dates. My roommates just had a group date where they went on a scavenger hunt, then came home and had a potato carving contest.

DominatingMommy

Quote Originally Posted by h3g3l View Post
    As for me, I'd like a night out watching a good play, having a nice meal, going for coffee and dessert, then heading back to her place--to find that next to the Nietzsche and Hegel and Hume collections (leather-bound, of course)

We'd make love for the next 36 hours, breaking only to go to the bathroom and have passionate sex in the shower. When we were physically too spent to continue, we'd lie in bed and talk while holding each other close.

*Not required, but the other things would spell out the perfect date for me.
    My perfect date would be with h3g3l. j/k

I enjoy scary movies, so I can be protected. Take me out for dessert afterwards, holding my hand across the table of course. Then find a secluded place and lay out on the ground looking at the stars. I'm very much a romantic at heart.

I think a perfect date would be one where the function of a date is fulfilled as much as possible.
    On dating Wikipedia says:
    "Dating is a form of courtship, and may include any social activity undertaken by, typically, two people with the aim of each assessing the other's suitability as their partner in an intimate relationship or as a spouse. The word refers to the act of meeting and engaging in some mutually agreed upon social activity. Traditional dating activities include entertainment or a meal."
    So technically a perfect date may well be one in which I discover that the person I'm on the date with is a bad candidate for having a relationship with, as the function of the date would be perfectly fulfilled.

Any activity is suitable really, as long as I get to know the person well enough. Going to the cinema is quite limiting as the conversation is minimal, but this may be helpful if the person I'm dating is shy or just not very chatty. A meal could be an excellent way to get to know somebody, or it could be terrible and unflattering if conversation is difficult.
    Different perfect dates for different people I say.

For me, I like watching films and then discussing them, so a film and then food would be good as far as traditional dates are concerned; the film makes a good starting point in the conversation.
    [/Unromantic post]

A quite night at home with someone I like, and hope it turns into a night with someone I love.