Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Twilight Zone

Gone

Default The Twilight Zone

You're traveling through another dimension -- a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's a signpost up ahead: your next stop: the Twilight Zone!

Ive always loved this series and I'm sure many of the people here enjoy it too, what are everyones favorite episodes.
    My personal favorites:
    -The one where the earth is moving closer to the sun.(The Midnight Sun)
    -The episode where the old people become young again(Kick the Can)
    -The episode where a H-bomb is dropped and a bookworm is the only man left in the world and he has all the time in the world to read(Time Enough At Last)
    -The episode where a man is deemed obsolete and is sentenced to death(The Obsolete Man)

The first three you named are all ones I absolutely love! <3

I also like the famous "Eye of the Beholder" where it is shown that beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder. And I like "How to Serve Man" and one where Earthlings travel to another planet and end up in a zoo. I can't remember which it is.

Dangit, I should go to bed, but now I want to watch the Twilight Zone!

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    I also like the famous "Eye of the Beholder" where it is shown that beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder.
    "Eye of the Beholder" is a true classic. Speaking of classics, though not quite as old, there's this. I sadly didn't have any luck finding the actual episodes so you'll have to do with one of the intro sequences.

I'm a big fan of the series! Thanks to Trevor, he was the one who introduced me to them.

*Tips his hat in Trevors direction*

"Time enough at last", "Eye of the beholder" are two of my favorites.
    Two from the "twilight zone, the movie" should be mentioned also. (I don't know if these are new ones or just remakes.) The one about the guy on the plane seeing a monster on the wing is awsome. So is the one about the boy with supernatural abilities beyond imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    "Time enough at last", "Eye of the beholder" are two of my favorites.
    Two from the "twilight zone, the movie" should be mentioned also. (I don't know if these are new ones or just remakes.) The one about the guy on the plane seeing a monster on the wing is awsome. So is the one about the boy with supernatural abilities beyond imagination.
    The one with the monster on the wing is a remake of "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet," and it's pretty famous as well. It seems like everyone spoofs it.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    [...]So is the one about the boy with supernatural abilities beyond imagination.
    Entitled "It's a Good Life". One of the best episodes by far. Without giving it much thought I an think of two shows that have copied the concept. The Simpsons and Supernatural. I know there are many, many more.

Quote Originally Posted by young4ever View Post
    My personal favorites:
    -The one where the earth is moving closer to the sun.(The Midnight Sun)
    -The episode where the old people become young again(Kick the Can)
    -The episode where a H-bomb is dropped and a bookworm is the only man left in the world and he has all the time in the world to read(Time Enough At Last)
    -The episode where a man is deemed obsolete and is sentenced to death(The Obsolete Man)
    The Twilight Zone. Some of the most brilliant and tightly-written script that we've seen in the past 60 years that has reached a mass audience. It is not that the stories are novel, but that they encapsulate old stories and basic truisms about mankind so WELL.

Let's see ...

I really like

• The Obsolete Man
    • Time Enough at Last
    • Walking Distance
    • The Four of Us Are Dying
    • People are Alike All Over
    • A Nice Place to Visit

There are actually few episodes from the original series I don't enjoy watching when they're on.

I havn't seen many Twilight Zone episodes, but a couple of years ago I found an old Beta player in my uncle's basement. We dusted it off and watched a few tapes of the show. My favourite was definately Kick the Can. Lighthearted instead of creepy. A nice change.

Quote Originally Posted by satyrical View Post
    "The Monsters are Due on Maple Street" So very, very real.
    Yes! I love that one too! :3