Thread: a wierd question??

zach

Default a wierd question??

Ok, this may seem like a wierd question, so dont ask me why im posting this...
    I have a little brother thats 6 months old who is still eating 1st foods(baby food) and i was wondering... would your poop actually change into that of a babys poop if you changed your diet to strictly babyfood or just non-solids.

again, wierd question thats outta the blue.

hmmm. i think so yeah, because your poo's consistancy is determined by what it goes through in the gut, which, in turn depends on what it is you consume, so if your foodis mostly non solids, dont expet much poo at all, but mostly urine.

Quote Originally Posted by silent deadly alchemist View Post
    hmmm. i think so yeah, because your poo's consistancy is determined by what it goes through in the gut, which, in turn depends on what it is you consume, so if your foodis mostly non solids, dont expet much poo at all, but mostly urine.
    Exactly, what goes in must come out, so baby food goes in, baby poop comes out

No, because little baby's livers aren't completely developed or functional yet. That's why they often go "under the lights" right after they are born. The lights change the "Billy Ruban" that is in their system because their livers aren't fully functional. It's probably why their poop is green.

Once the baby develops, their poop is more like ours. Anyway, I think that's what you're asking, assuming you're talking about a really young baby. The digestive track isn't as fully developed either. Remember that right up until birth, they are receiving nutrients through their umbilical chord and the mother. Once out in the world, the digestive system takes a while to catch up to a mature system.

Actually, Some of the diet that we eat gets used up as energy or stored up as fat to use at a later time. Most of the waist that we produce is old body tissue and bits of food that can't be easily digested. Your body also takes some of that food we eat to produce materials to build/repair out bodies, so it isn't the case that "Exactly, what goes in, must come out".

I have eaten baby food and drank infant milk and as long as you don’t over do it, you shouldn’t see a change the consistency of your poo too much. If you went onto liquid food though, it would change very much to what baby poo looks like as there wouldn’t be enough waist to help keep its form. There also might not be enough nurturance for your bodies to take in from this diet, over a long enough time. So I’d take eating baby food as I would any other treat. Just be careful about the baby milk as it can give you CLEAR THE BAR type gas.

But, it really doesn’t matter too much what we eat (within reason) as our bodies will just change it into the stuff that it needs anyway, well as long as it has the resources to do so. The only other reason you’d see a sudden change in your poo, is if your gut decides that it doesn’t like what is in there and wants to get it out of your system as quickly as it can. Just take it a little at a time and monitor what your poo looks like as and when you adjust the amount of baby food you consume.
    Last edited by Celebi; 01-Nov-2009 at 12:19.

Adult GI tracts are not the same as baby GI tracts.

Dogboy is right, though the colour of a babys poop is sometimes due to what the baby drinks, the baby being breastfed or bottle fed.
    Last edited by HakuKit; 01-Dec-2009 at 19:13. Reason: forgot something