Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Homecoming

curiousitykitten

Default Homecoming

I didn't go! Now I get to hear about how awesome it was for a week or two (it was yesterday). This year my mom wouldn't allow me to go because i didnt have a date. She took my insecurity (i dont like crowds) and amde it worse by saying "everyone will be busy with someone else....and where will you be? standing in the corner waiting for a ride" I'm a junior and I havent gone to one homecoming yet, the excuses are the following

freshman year : i was a freshman....i didnt know how many people i knew would show and i had three years left to do it
    Sophomore year: My girlfriend didnt want to go, but she wound out buying a ticket a day before the dance. My mom was like wtf and she went without me because I couldnt come up with the money for anything
    Junior year : see above

so did anyone else have a situation like this? I'm just curious...who here didn't go to homecoming this year? If you graduated did you ever go to homeocoming?

It was really deppressing because my LA teacher coordinates this...so i spent a whole week decorating for the event in my LA classes.

Sooooo last night was pretty lonely and facebook was upsetting to say the least. I also have no plans for holloween and am home alone all day and night. Anyone else in a slump like this?

Never went to a homecoming, actually. I hate crowds, and nobody ever wanted to go with me. :/ Either way, I don't think it was right for your mom to say that. But there's a reason for everything, right? Your senior homecoming WILL be the best! Because you'll be a super-cool senior!

curiousitykitten

Quote Originally Posted by NeiNei View Post
    Never went to a homecoming, actually. I hate crowds, and nobody ever wanted to go with me. :/ Either way, I don't think it was right for your mom to say that. But there's a reason for everything, right? Your senior homecoming WILL be the best! Because you'll be a super-cool senior!

yeah next year im going all out on spirit week! We always have a costume day, I'm being an authentic Hermonie Granger! I look like her to begin with (LMAO just as i typed this pandora (the internet radio) started playing the Harry Potter theme! I have it set to danny elfman but its still kind of creepy )

DannyTheNinja

I didn't go to homecoming until my senior year. My advice? Just go. You only get four chances in your whole life, and now you're down to one. Don't worry about the crowds, just have a good time. Even if you suck at dancing, it's a great chance to have a fun time with friends. And... go to prom. That's even more fun.

--Danny

I went to my homecoming this year. Went single. Had a good time but was pissed off cause the administrators decided to have some of the lights on cause of our "inappropriate dancing" with the security handling flashlights. The girls couldn't take their heels off due to "foot injury" but the feet of this white girl I know were red as ketchup. It was fun.

curiousitykitten

lol we have that foot injury rule at my school as well, its so people's feet don't get stepped on by people in stelletos. It seems logical, but you can also get hurt by wearing heels to long. Theres no defenete way to avoid "foot injury". I think a better rule would be to keep bare footed people off the dance floor...or an arms length away anyone with shoes.

We don't have homecoming up here, but I almost didn't go to prom. Call it lack of motivation to get a date. "There's plenty of girls to ask... but I'll just wait till tommorow," I thought.

And of course, weeks before prom, every girl at my school suddenly decided they were going to become feminists and only go with each other to prom. I managed to snag a girl from a different school though, and all was well.

Also, you may be stuck in a rut right now, but just wait till you get to college. Any social interaction you get right now multiplies by 10.

I graduated a while ago and I never went to dances. I only went to this one fundraiser dance.

Peachy

What's "homecoming" again? Another fancy name for a dance party like "prom"?

Peachy

curiousitykitten

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    What's "homecoming" again? Another fancy name for a dance party like "prom"?

Peachy
    its a dance held usually around fall. It is always held after a huge football. Students elect a homecoming king and queen. Its usually a semi formal and any grade can attend. Its almost like prom but just not as big and fancy.