Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is that true?

Post Is that true?

Is that true that some medical doctors are not for "wearing diapers" for bedwetting problems because they know that wearing a diaper can stimulate the genitals and create desire for them?

Are there good reasons why some of them are not for "wearing diapers" for incontinent people?
    Last edited by Excelsius; 28-Oct-2009 at 20:51.

How else is someone going to stop peeing everywhere without them? Also nothing wrong with enjoying it hehe

By searching on the web like everybody. It was something I want to verify because this affirmation as surprised me.

A medical doctor advice should would be very appreciated... if there is one here.

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsius View Post
    By searching on the web. It was something I want to verify because this affirmation as surprised me.
    Can you show us the site or the article you got this info from?

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Can you show us the site or the article you got this info from?
    +1

Would be interesting to see where this came from

It was only an affirmation an incontinent person have written on a french blog, so it's not too credible in my opinion. I only want to know is someone have heard something similar.

I should have said "is that possible" in my title, because I don't want to start a polemic on that issue.

By the way, I have change the word incontinence for bedwetting, so, for Tommy, it could clarify some of your questions.. I think

As a premed student.. this is a kinda ridiculous affirmation. The only other way to stop bedwetting would be the use of a foley cath on the kid, which would be against any medical ethic since there's a) an easier, risk free alternative (diapers) and b) a high risk of infections involving the catheter.

Sounds really made up.

Besides, the desire you are talking about is one that develops only at a very young age and once you reach infancy, it can only be triggered, not created.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagete View Post
    As a premed student.. this is a kinda ridiculous affirmation. The only other way to stop bedwetting would be the use of a foley cath on the kid, which would be against any medical ethic since there's a) an easier, risk free alternative (diapers) and b) a high risk of infections involving the catheter.
    There is also, Bedwetting alarms, anti-diuretics and some antidepressants that can help for bedwetting (wikipedia: I know it's not too reliable but the research seams to be OK)

Lot of people don't want to wear them so the doctors are going to try to find solutions for the problem before they take that step with their patient. No one goes into the office and says what their bladder problem is and then ask for diapers unless they have a fetish. Instead they go in and tell them about it hoping they can fix it so they wouldn't have to wear them anymore. I think the only time they would ask for them is if their problem is so bad, they can't even go to the bathroom because they don't know when they need to go and even they tried the bathroom schedule and it didn't work so they took that step by wearing diapers but they still don't like wearing them. But it can get expensive to having to keep buying them so of course some might want a prescription for them until their problem is fixed.