Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To what size of a person is a Goodnite effective?

Default To what size of a person is a Goodnite effective?

I've been wearing Goodnites for a while with a 32" waist @ 145 lbs with comfort, and I know people who are larger that say the same thing.

What I want to know, is what size does a person have to be so that the Goodnite is able to take a "flood" in a laying position?

Most of us that have tried Goodnites have found that it's not a good idea to flood, especially when laying or sitting down-- even if that was found out the "hard way" via wet sheets or shorts. We have attributed this in the past to the person being too big for them, or just that they don't absorb fast enough, but are these both true, or just one or the other?

This diaper must definitely suffice to work in these conditions for a certain physical size, as it is the leading diaper used to treat bedwetting in a child's youth and early teens. Is this size something we cannot go back to through diet alone? (As in, is it a development issue instead of a size issue?) Is it both? Ultimately, I just want to know through true honesty if anyone here (after development) has been able to "fully" use a Goodnite as you would an Abena X-plus in the worst case scenario position (aka laying down) without a leak.

My theory is that it (sadly) isn't possible to use Goodnites to their full potential when the individual has fully developed genitalia because the leg captures aren't deep enough to seal to your legs in "some" positions. Everyone that fits can use them slowly, but not everyone that fits can prevent a leak if they flood, thus giving the word "fit" a new definition. Perhaps specifically "a diaper" fits if only it doesn't leak easy, and has nothing to do with "comfortability" as we have felt it to be in the past.

What do you theorize or know for a fact?

I dont think it is possible, on smaller kids yes but for most people no. They don't absorb fast enough to take flooding, they are designed for smaller kids therefore your junk will reduce the effectivness of the leak guards and they just wern't designed to take flooding. Also, they are designed for bedwetting which I think isn't a flood as much as a slow, steady stream.

I tried finding the best way to flood goodnites in the bathtub (for easy cleanup) and, by accident, in my bed. They just don't work for that kind of thing. If you let it out slowly it has time to absorb but of course that doesn't let you gain the full satisfaction of flooding a diaper.

So unfortunatly I would say no you cant flood goodnites, not even standing up.

I think you are right about needing to be pre-pubecent. Even when I was 13 135lbs and had the real size XL Goodnites before they switched to two sizes I had to be very careful flooding. I think the current L-XL size limit is closer to 100lbs because they made them smaller when they switched to two sizes and didn't change the rating. Growth curves put that at the 50th percentile for 12-13 year old boys.

annierighthurr

The pre-pubescent thing makes sense to me because I am a girl and thus don't have junk. The goodnites seal around my legs and they rarely leak, and I can wet them laying down.

Quote Originally Posted by annierighthurr View Post
    The pre-pubescent thing makes sense to me because I am a girl and thus don't have junk. The goodnites seal around my legs and they rarely leak, and I can wet them laying down.
    Interesting. Can you flood them while laying down, if you don't mind me asking?

Xboxbaby

Call me crazy but I think the new goodnites are bad quality and the older ones absorbed better.

I'm very similar to you ownage, 31.5" waist, about 140 lbs. and yeah, I have problems flooding/leakage. I'm sure that's obvious seeing the last few pots. =)

So when people wet the bed for real, is it a slow stream or a normal stream? hmmm.

Kind of hard to know-- I'd be interested to see if anyone knows, and even more interested in HOW they know.

Xboxbaby

Quote Originally Posted by the-ownage View Post
    So when people wet the bed for real, is it a slow stream or a normal stream? hmmm.

Kind of hard to know-- I'd be interested to see if anyone knows, and even more interested in HOW they know.
    No, its flooding. I had someone related to me who wet the bed and one time we were in the living room and he was sleeping on the sofa. All of a sudden we heard something that sounded like a water hose was running. It took us about 20 seconds to figure out it was my brother wetting the sofa. There was nothing slow or normal about it either. lol

The problem I have with goodnites is they are really only made for one wetting. I can flood them but only ONCE. This is what gave me trouble because who only wants to use a diaper once? After you use it one and try to use it again it just doesn't absorb well and it leaks from the legs. Sucks really.

im 30" to 32" and thay fit me fine