Thread: AB/DL and being a parent

Default AB/DL and being a parent

Ok, i've recently come back to all of this and I'm already worried about the future and if i was lucky enough to become a parent.

Do any of you have children? either older/still young? Would love to know how to cope with it, how to keep it separate or something?

Not the best explained thread out there, but i don't know how else to put it. I just really want to have kids, i don't care about anything else, my life admission is to become a dad one day

Tommy

Hi Tommy,

I am not a parent, but I have seen a lot , and met quite a few ab/dl parents over time. I think ab/dl folks make excellent parents because they are open minded. Also, I think that they appreciate the childhood 'experience' more than the average parent, so they are more likely to protect their child and make sure that they have a happy childhood. As far as the ab/dl lifestyle and children, yes, I do think that this needs to be kept separate. I think that it is too much for them to understand at an early age. Thats not to say that you cant incorporate little bits and bobs here and there-- like maybe wearing fun pajamas, or still wearing diapers under clothes or to bed. It would be a good idea to have a well thought out answer to why you are wearing diapers if you get caught some day though-- inevitably it will happen. But if you are an understanding parent, your child will be too.

Have fun--

Brett

Quote Originally Posted by thickdiapers View Post
    Hi Tommy,

I am not a parent, but I have seen a lot , and met quite a few ab/dl parents over time. I think ab/dl folks make excellent parents because they are open minded. Also, I think that they appreciate the childhood 'experience' more than the average parent, so they are more likely to protect their child and make sure that they have a happy childhood. As far as the ab/dl lifestyle and children, yes, I do think that this needs to be kept separate. I think that it is too much for them to understand at an early age. Thats not to say that you cant incorporate little bits and bobs here and there-- like maybe wearing fun pajamas, or still wearing diapers under clothes or to bed. It would be a good idea to have a well thought out answer to why you are wearing diapers if you get caught some day though-- inevitably it will happen. But if you are an understanding parent, your child will be too.

Have fun--

Brett
    Thanks Brett, i forgot i actually made this thread

Your 4th post, and by far the best 4th post by someone i've seen. You really explained it well that being a parent and a DL/TB isn't a bad thing, and in some cases can actually be a good thing. I just hope others read this, and have it help them understand that DL/AB along with children can work. If the wife/husband is acceptive

The only thing I've ever worried about is keeping my child a child too long. Not like forcing them in diapers just not pressing potty training because I know that I've always loved diapers, but that could probably be potentially harmful for the child. But I guess I'd just have to have a kid to find out. That's a long way off, and I'm not really into the having a kid idea. They cost a lot

I am a father, my daughter is still a baby. I intend on having her potty trained, when the time comes. We arent going to force the DL lifestyle on her. Both me and my wife are very open minded, yet we intend on keeping our privacy when it comes to the diapers. I am not going to flaunt it, nor am I going to promote it. I dont want my kid to think her parents are freaky weird to her friends. If she ever finds out. Nor do I want her to think it's ok to tell everyone her mom and dad wear diapers for fun. What is normal in each home is diffrent, and we are teaching our kids that, and not judge others for being different. I guess thats all I have to say about it.

Coming from a different angle on this, discretion is key. The best is for them is to not know anything about it at all.

Young children will talk about it in the wrong places, older children will use it as leverage against you.

Also, if your children discover your wearing at young enough of an age...children emulate parents, there is a good chance they will want to go back to diapers, and you will need to be prepared to deal with that.

I might be able to help as I'm a parent of four, and have gone through the potty training with two. Now, I'm a DL, not an AB, but I've NEVER had a problem with separating my DLism from my kids. Changing your kids is actually pretty unpleasant, and I couldn't be more eager to get them potty trained. Also, my oldest is 4 and still wets the bed so she still wears pullups at night. I thought that a situation like this would be a problem for me but frankly it's not. I find that I'm understanding (since I was a bedwetter myself) and if anything I'm careful to not embarrass her.

I'm confident that ABDL's can be great parents.

During the years my kids were small, I was in outside sales with a lot of overnight travel. It was easy enough to indulge my fantasies while on the road. Now with the kids gone and the wife and I on somewhat different schedules, I can pad up a couple times a week, which seems to be plenty for me.