Thread: Wanting to make cloth diaper.

If you have a bigger bath towel, or if your small enough to use a regular bath towel your home free.

Then all you need is folding instructions(on the net) and a few (4) larger safty pins, that is what I use when I want the feeling of a cloth diaper.

If your a larger or wider person you just need a beach towel.

Spiker

i would also suggest getting a plastic bag that is big enough for you and the towel to fit into, if the plastic is thin then use two. lay it out flat and cut off the bottom corners. then just slip your legs through, and pull the bag all the way up. then take some duct tape and wrap it around the top and your done.

i made a couple like that and they work perfectly every time.

I would recommend finding a diaper that you think has the best fit for you, and use that as your pattern. You can get as fancy as you want, or simply cut out the shape and sew up the edges. I have never made one, but it seems like it would be pretty simple, even if you got real fancy with it.

Here are a couple links
    How To Make Cloth Diapers

This shows how to make them for infants, but just make them larger, size them for yourself
    Diaper Measurements

are you just looking for a quick fix or are you looking for a permanent diaper? IF you are looking more Permanent I can help you and give you some of the tips as to how I make mine. A proper diaper with velcro and Elastic will take about 4 hours to cut and sew togeather once you know that you are doing. then you can have it fit far more snug then a pin and it will be fitted around the legs and waist. Though do not forget that you will need at pair of plastic pants to go over the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvsGurl View Post
    are you just looking for a quick fix or are you looking for a permanent diaper? IF you are looking more Permanent I can help you and give you some of the tips as to how I make mine. A proper diaper with velcro and Elastic will take about 4 hours to cut and sew togeather once you know that you are doing. then you can have it fit far more snug then a pin and it will be fitted around the legs and waist. Though do not forget that you will need at pair of plastic pants to go over the whole thing.
    I'm looking to make a permanent diaper. Thank you for the help.

What you should look at doing is find a type of diaper you like, Often a disposable is a good outline to cut from. Cut two peices of fabric into this shape, Stich your stuffer into one of them Stitch the two peices togeather wrong side out, leaving enough space open to flipp in right side out. Once they are togeather, you should stitch on the Elastic.
    Flip right side out. Stitch all the way around, and then add your velcro.