Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Real Adult/Teen Pull-Ups, Not the BS adult briefs... How can we get them made???

Exclamation Real Adult/Teen Pull-Ups, Not the BS adult briefs... How can we get them made???

I know I have brought this up before, but I thought I would bring on a different view... So the subject is adult pullups...

This has been a subject on here in the past, and I was happy to find out I wasen't the only person that believes in the "pullups generation." For those that haven't heard my rant, I'm 20 y/o and I grew up in pullups; after diapers as a baby, I was in pull-ups; then a few years later I was in goodnites. But now I have outgrown goodnites, and I love pullups! But there are nothing made for adults that are like pull-ups or goodnites.

Yes there are adult diapers, that pull-on, but lets face it; they are not pullups. The adult pull-on briefs, are plain white; with horrable leak protection, they are not form fitting like pull-ups; and they have the ruffly sides; they are like granny panties. I work in an ER sometimes, and maybe it's just because I have seen old folks in the granny panty pull ons, but they are nothing like pull ups!

I, just like many other people want an adult pull up that is like the old pullups! And I would be more then willing to buy them, but quite simply no one on earth makes them!

So now after my rant, I want to see what everyone's views are on how we could make this happen? I have heard people in the past say we should try and get bambinos to make them, but also as I have said, bambinos does not make their own diapers; they buy already made adult diapers and put tape on them... So any suggestions?

Some ideas... In order to get them made, we would need a factory. Getting Kimberly Clark or Pampers to make them isn't gonna happen... But... I donno, what if there were some AB/DL's with some money to start a business? I know there is definatly a big market for them... Not just AB/DL but also incontinent wearers, teens 13+ who wet the bed etc... But a big market for AB/DL/TB's, especially in the pull-ups generation.

I'm not saying if we could get them made to market them at retail stores, but online like bambinos would be awesome! and a gold mine! world-wide!

Is there anyone in manufacturing, or diaper production, or business that might have some feedback? What kind of startup would be required to start a production line?
    Last edited by Trevor; 22-Oct-2009 at 08:11. Reason: merging posts- put all your initial ideas in one post, go back and edit if more is needed.

Why not talk to Bambino about it? I would for sure buy them especially if they had the designs that disappear when you wet

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Why not talk to Bambino about it? I would for sure buy them especially if they had the designs that disappear when you wet
    I would get those over their current diapers. That's my favorite part about pullups.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    That would be freaking awesome. They could sell combo backs too half diapers, half pull-ups. I'd really tried a adult training pants.

Though I would like them to have the same thickness as bambino's already do.

Then make a petition, as that's what they're for. Granted it may not work, but it would get their attention.

I would absolutely buy something like this. I love the idea of being the toddler in pullups.

Okay, not to be a wet blanket, but please listen up.

Bambinos does not make their own diapers! They repackage already made diapers! And they put tape on already made diapers. So making a petition, or asking them to make them would be pointless. I'm not trying to sound rude, but they do not make diapers; they resell them with their own label.

If they were to sell pullups; they would have to buy the already made pullups, and then repackage them as their own.

My question & point of this thread was how can we all get them made? We would, as far as I can see it, have to get investors to fund a startup to buy the equipment & materials, or possibly contract out through a chinese/japanese company...

dprdinky

Um, the point is Bambino has an in with some manufacturer who could do the same for adult pullups. Otherwise doing it oneself is going to be quite expensive dude. Listen to your peers here. We'd like to see something happen and Bambino could be a solution.

I'm aware that they have contacts; but even if we were able to convince them to look into it; what I am trying to say is that there are no manufacturers that make a plain pull-up like real pull-ups, and in order to make one, they themselves would have to buy the new equipment to make a new design, and as a big company they most likely would not want to market a diaper to the TB/AB/DL community. Again I'm not trying to down anyone, but the pink bambinos petition has been going for a year+ now, and bambino has not so much as lifted an eyebrow, so I just don't see bambinos doing anything about pink bambinos or real pullups.

Quote Originally Posted by Scout View Post
    I'm aware that they have contacts; but even if we were able to convince them to look into it; what I am trying to say is that there are no manufacturers that make a plain pull-up like real pull-ups, and in order to make one, they themselves would have to buy the new equipment to make a new design, and as a big company they most likely would not want to market a diaper to the TB/AB/DL community. Again I'm not trying to down anyone, but the pink bambinos petition has been going for a year+ now, and bambino has not so much as lifted an eyebrow, so I just don't see bambinos doing anything about pink bambinos or real pullups.
    You're very negative and kind of degrading. You asked for people's thoughts and opinions on what to do, and quite a few people shared their opinion.

If you didn't really want an opinion, don't ask for it next time.