Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Question On Incontinent Shaving

Default Question On Incontinent Shaving

In my studying and reading online it is recommended that you shave your hair when wearing to prevent odors being absorbed into the hairs.

Do those of you that are incontinent keep clean shaven all of the time to stop any possible smell absorption or is it really not needed?

eric007

Yup, closely trimmed is what I do.

less smell, easier to clean and keep nice... and less problems (irritations and such) than with daily shaving.
    (I've shaved my pubic hair couple of times upon "request" by my ex-girl... but whilst I loved the feeling of it, two days later torture for a couple of days began, when the new hair started to surface... itchy, irritated skin - even though I use to shower two times a day and am very meticulous about keeping me clean and healthy...)

as I have to wear diapers every night due to my bed wetting, I keep my pubic hair trimmed to a couple of millimeters... it really is less smelly.

btw & ot: Nice Nikon F6 as avatar of yours... do you own one? or have you tried it?
    back in the film days I used to shoot with an F100... these days it's the D300.

Yes I keep them as short as possible because it's easier to clean, for odours and because the feeling is different inside a diaper.

I'am sure you avatar is from Ken Rockwell. Why? Because the red part of the Nikon is oversaturate (is trademark).

eric007

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsius View Post
    Yes I keep them as short as possible because it's easier to clean, for odours and because the feeling is different inside a diaper.

I'am sure you avatar is from Ken Rockwell. Why? Because the red part of the Nikon is oversaturate (is trademark).
    I had almost forgotten about good old Kenny R... damn. Just checked his site - he writes more even c*ap these than he used to in the past...

Butterfly Mage

I always stay shaved.

@All

But, don't you find the feeling to be shaved more pleasant when wearing a diaper?

I have found that our skin is more sensible when shaved. That a reason between others why professional swimmers shave themselves. Because shaving remove a part great part of dead skin and renew the nerves sensations so they feel more the water on the skin.

And shaving is really more practical when cleaning #2. If not shave, it's a real "mess" cleaning that.

Shaving down there is an art, but I definitely prefer it. The trick is not to get too carried away with getting it perfect -- that's how you end up taking off a little more than you bargained for. Trimming is totally adequate but there's just something about being shaved that's so much better, IMO. The problem for me is that I'm really self-conscious about doctor's appointments, so I always let it all grow back in time for the yearly physical or urologist visit.
    ... oh and no, I'm not incontinent, but I wear frequently enough that shaving is of benefit to me. Then again, I'd probably shave even if I didn't wear that often.

I try to keep my hair on my legs, arms, crotch, etc. trimmed closely down to a #1 on an electric razor. I think shaving is a bad idea, because unless you do it constantly, it will start to itch like crazy. Trimming it down to a #1 will not do that. And, yes, from experience, it helps in diaper changing.

Thank you all for the shaving advice. I think I'll keep shaving for cleanliness even though it's a pain. When I am shaving I'm not going to shoot for perfectly clean because you are right in that's when you get yourself in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by eric007 View Post
    btw & ot: Nice Nikon F6 as avatar of yours... do you own one? or have you tried it?
    back in the film days I used to shoot with an F100... these days it's the D300.

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsius View Post
    eric007: Yes I own and use the following Nikon bodies F6, F100, N80, F3, and FM2N, D100, D200.

Excelsius: Sorry, but I took the picture directly from Nikonusa.com. Ken's has flash umbrella refections in the lens front element.