Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Student get suspended for having knife in car

Default Student get suspended for having knife in car

2-inch pocketknife nets suspension for upstate Eagle Scout | LoHud.com | The Journal News

I saw this on fox news and i jaw dropped at this. As an eagle myself this outrageous. Personally I Think the school was way out of line on this. What do you all think?

what is this world coming to?? this is BS.

[USER CANNOT COMPREHEND STUPIDITY OF AMERICA]

Knife....is....survival tool.....it can help you start a fire with a staple and a battery if you're in the snow all alone. Really. Now let's kill all the stupid people.

PFT. TWO INCHES?! MINE IS, LIKE....6.

*asplodes from stupid people ruling the world*

I'm appalled. That should be one of the perks of being an Eagle Scout, keeping a knife in your car! That's ridiculous.

Well, suspensions aren't that bad. I've had one, and it was fun. My parents didn't punish me for being suspended, so it was like a day off. I don't think this guy's parents would punish him either.

Whalen, is a member of the Army National Guard
    - and an Eagle Scout, and is 17 not 11...

America is clearly very confused. Next, school cafeterias will provide food in bite-sized morsels and allow only spoons. Dull-edged plastic spoons, chained to the tables.

Ya know, throughout my entire school career I never saw misuse of a knife. We all got scalpels in junior high for dissection. We all used pointy compasses to draw circles with. We used utility knives (and chisels) in art or for woodwork.
    Last edited by Raccoon; 16-Oct-2009 at 05:21.

I saw this story earlier and got so angry from reading it. This whole "setting an example" bit is ludicrous. It's basically saying "even though you've been good, we're punishing you...so really, there is no point to being good".

I remember when I was in grade 6, I got a bunch of old pencils/pencil crayons/etc from my great uncle who passed away. I just threw it all in my pencil box thingy but didn't notice a small knife (like a swiss army knife, only it had like 2 things..). That sat it my desk for like half the year before I noticed it and took it home. If that had been today, my life could have very well been fucked (I was sort of depressed and having social troubles at school and having anything that bad happen to me would've killed any self esteem I had left.

tl;dr - What the hell has society come to??

Heh, I had an 8 inch blade in my car's survival kit when I was in High School in the 80's, GRANTED, I _never_ carried the freaking thing into the school!

Much as I feel this is an over-reaction, I'm sure it was duly stated about any blades being carried.

It's a damned easy rule NOT to break. If you bring it in the doors and brandish it, that's it folks

Quote Originally Posted by babibear View Post
    Heh, I had an 8 inch blade in my car's survival kit when I was in High School in the 80's, GRANTED, I _never_ carried the freaking thing into the school!

Much as I feel this is an over-reaction, I'm sure it was duly stated about any blades being carried.

It's a damned easy rule NOT to break. If you bring it in the doors and brandish it, that's it folks
    The link here didn't post much about the story, but from what I read elsewhere, the student was NOT carrying it on his person. It was kept in his car until another student reported the knife-in-car to the school. Then they asked him to unlock his car and show them the knife. So really, he was doing what you did in the 80's

Soldier suspended from school - WTEN: Albany, New York News, Weather, Sports -

PS: Is this text colour better? It seems the dark red is easier to read with the generic style, but normal red is easier to read using the dark_vb style :/

Man, gotta love politicians that support this kind of moronic policy...

Though the kids kinda dumb for not just scrapping the knife(or hiding it) somewhere, heh, everyone knows how stupid the school board is about shit like this

P.S. Much easier to read the 2nd post andy, doesn't burn my retinas out :P

Peachy

Hmm...once upon a time I've heard something about an amendment to the AMerican Constitution that protect people from random searches and seizures of their assets. WIkipedia says it's the 4th. Does it still exist? Or does it not apply to school grounds? I'd tell 'school officials' to go take a flying f*ck at a rolling doughnut if they took an interest in what is in my car. It is merely a lockable container to carry stuff around to/from school, and unless the student removes something from the car and brings it into school, the school has no right to know or care what's in the car, just like they don't have any right to know or care what's going on at home.

But then...without the stupid American legal system, what would America's newspapers write about?!

What surprises me the most however is the fact that no politician seems to care or reflect on their stupid laws. Over here, whenever stupic scandals are revealed and there's a public outcry, politics suddenly get into hectic activity to fix stupid laws like that. Not so in America, apparently.

Peachy