Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I'm Feeling A Little Gutsy...

Default So I'm Feeling A Little Gutsy...

Ever since I've started posting on the adisc community, things for me have been changing, excuse the pun. I've been a little more open about my inner child and infantilism, have admitted to two people a vague outline of who I am, and even fully and flat-out confessed to my ex (whom I still share a wonderful relationship with, thank goodness) everything, down to the nitty-gritty.

And on some level, I guess you could say, I have been beginning to accept myself even more and more. I am content with wearing diapers almost 24/7, looking up more stories online and even plan on ordering my first set of adult diapers as soon as I get my hands on a pre-paid credit card. But this is where I tend to get a little worried.

You see, I've been debating lately with telling my mother the truth about my feitishism, and not solely out of fear that she might figure it out on her own, but rather out of respect and honesty. The relationship I have with my mother is a very honest, open and truthful one; meaning we leave little to no secrets. I know just about everything about my mother and her relationships, both with dad, her parents, friends and additional family. In exchange, my mother knows about my life in my video game, my crushes, even down to as far as what I have done sexually with my ex boyfriend. We leave no stone unturned.

Earlier today, while we were at Perkins, I asked her if we could stop at the local supermarket on the way home so I could pick up a pre-paid credit card. When she asked what for, though, I couldn't tell her, only because I was afraid. I stalled and told her it was 'for stuff', and she kiddingly asked if it was for condoms, which I laughed off with ease and told her not a chance. She didn't press, but gave that look that said 'I'm curious', leaving me wanting to tell her. I know on some level she'd always accept me, and would do her best to understand if I had told her, yet I'm holding myself back. Can anyone offer support/stories/suggestions on how to go about this, if I should?

kj83

Default Surprisingly supportive!

Well, I'm in a similar situation. I just came out to my husband of 4 years about three days ago. I had recently felt the need to tell him about a month ago. I just felt like he was missing out on an opportunity for our relationship to grow in a brand new direction. So it took 4 years, and about a month of hardcore debating in my brain, and I finally worked up the nerve. We had just gotten into a big argument about not sharing our feelings with each other, and it was a perfect opening for me to talk about my abdl feelings. I spilled everything to him and he sat listening intently. He was so supportive, and I didn't feel nearly as stupid. I actually felt more stupid that I'd made this whole thing into such a huge deal over the years. I want to encourage you that if you have a close relationship with your mother and even a SLIGHT inclination that she'll accept you for who you are- I say now's the time to be bold and tell her about this part of who you are. As long as you're clear about the fact that it doesn't stem from some mental illness or void that was caused by her not caring etc. I *think* she'll understand. If you haven't talked with her in the past about your sexual adventures though, I'd be a little wary of opening that door with abdl talk. I wish you nothing but the best regardless of what you decide to do! Confidence in yourself is the key to a successful open conversation about this type of thing.

Well normally if someone asked your question I would tell them not to let their parent/s know because it's something of a sexual nature. But, as you share details of your sex life wife your mother then you should probably go ahead and tell her. She must be understanding if she's willing to discuss your sexual exploites. Besides concealing something thats important to you from someone you love is never healthy because eventually you will have to deal with the guilt of deception. So go for it, I wish you the best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by JustInCase View Post
    Well normally if someone asked your question I would tell them not to let their parent/s know because it's something of a sexual nature. But, as you share details of your sex life wife your mother then you should probably go ahead and tell her. She must be understanding if she's willing to discuss your sexual exploites. Besides concealing something thats important to you from someone you love is never healthy because eventually you will have to deal with the guilt of deception. So go for it, I wish you the best of luck.
    While what I share with my mother, when it comes to my sexual aspect of life, is true, I probably should stress that my AB/DL is nothing of a sexual nature, but more of a way of escapism. Hopefully I won't stumble on my words too much when I tell her about it, and be as calm and collective as possible.

Why do you feel the need to tell your mother? What are you going to gain from the situation?

Don't tell her...trust me on this. Keep your family out of this.

-Gus

Don't tell her...you're probably not really thinking all that clearly at the moment. Don't do something that you might really regret. It could really change a lot of things that you don't want to change. With friends and ex's it's usually a lot different since the relationship is entirely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
    Why do you feel the need to tell your mother? What are you going to gain from the situation?
    Being honest, open, confronting my feelings on the subject at hand. She's been kind of curious as to what I've been up to recently, anyway.

Mako

Quote Originally Posted by applebeary View Post
    Being honest, open, confronting my feelings on the subject at hand. She's been kind of curious as to what I've been up to recently, anyway.
    So? Honestly, what benefits do you expect from telling her? Theres little to no benefit, and giant possibilities for negative effects.

Don't tell.

-edit after post, this is a bit long, sorry.
    Well, I think that a lot of us here on the forum have been in your place...
    I've never told my parents -- But: When I went away to camp they found a plastic bad that I had tied up messy diapers in. I got all kinds of questions.
    I've also laid on the couch with a diaper under my PJ's while I watched movies with my family. I could never decided if to tell them.
    So... if you're asking weather or not you should tell: I'll say this. every time you pass on one chance another will come up. You may get caught eventually so either prepare a confession or a lie.
    In the end, I think coming out would help, especially if you insist that it's what you want.