Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GoodNites or Depends?

Default GoodNites or Depends?

Hello, just wondering which one is better. I heard Depends were uncomfortable when wet but would they hold more than a GoodNite? I soak a goodnite completly in one wetting (usually) so Im wondering: will a depend hold more, how uncomfortable is uncomfortable, and which would you recommend. Tomorrow looks like a clear shot at buying some and I have my plan set up (hiding place, excuse, ect). Thanks in advance!

P.s. Which would cost more?

Neither! They're both crap! If you can afford ~$2/diaper you'll be FAR better off w/ bambinos or the like from b4ns (fast free shipping in Canada).

Depends are about $1per...as are goodnights...and they're both garbage.

Bambinos are >2x better for only 2x the price.

Quote Originally Posted by babymick21 View Post
    Neither! They're both crap! If you can afford ~$2/diaper you'll be FAR better off w/ bambinos or the like from b4ns (fast free shipping in Canada).

Depends are about $1per...as are goodnights...and they're both garbage.

Bambinos are >2x better for only 2x the price.
    From the sound of it, he doesn't have the kind of flexibility required to discreetly order online.

Do keep in mind that some people like to dabble in this kind of stuff first before going full-bear.

D-p-n-d's would probably give you the more authentic feel.

Thanks for the input but I can't order online. I would if I could and I might someday but I don't have a credit card or a way to get them in the house if I order (My parents would get REALY suspicious). Ah well, I"ll grab whatever appears first. Than again...

Is one maybe slight less crappier than the other or should I just grab whatever appears first? I know that sounds stupid but i'm pretty limited here.

If you come close to fitting into Goodnites Depends will be pretty big on you. They are not a great diaper but will be better than Goodnites or most store brands. If it is all that you can get your hands on make sure you get the fitted briefs and not the underwear. If you are stuck buying from a store you might as well find a medical supply store and get something good. Both Depends and Goodnites are way overpriced. They have multi million dollar advertising campaigns and other costs that the better diapers that not normally sold through retailers don't pay.

If you are in Calgary The CO-OP Home Healthcare near the Heritage C-Train station has Kendall Lillie Supreme. Ability Medical Supplies near Sunridge Mall in the North East has Tena briefs in all the sizes and pull on plastic pants. Keep in mind that better diapers have more material and a package won't fit in a regular school type backpack.

Another option for Canadians is the store brand overnight pullups at Shoppers Drug Mart. They are only about $.25 more per pair than Goodnites but are made for an adult and hold way more. Make sure you get the overnight and not the regular, the packaging is pretty similar.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNamedFish View Post
    From the sound of it, he doesn't have the kind of flexibility required to discreetly order online.

Do keep in mind that some people like to dabble in this kind of stuff first before going full-bear.

D-p-n-d's would probably give you the more authentic feel.
    Ya I guess thats me but I'll take your advice. Thanks.

Personally I like GoodNites more because of the snug feeling... The Depend Refastenables are alright, but not as nice as GoodNites due to their ruffly sides and the tabs that can tear on you. The Fitted Briefs are OK, and they will give more of a 'diaper' feel, and probably hold a little more then a GoodNite, but I personally dislike them... They always fit loose on me no matter how I do the tapes, and they leak on my constantly, probably more then I've had GoodNites leak on me. But if your into trying something new I'd go with the Depend Fitted Briefs, just so you can be your own judge.

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionxi1 View Post
    Thanks for the input but I can't order online. I would if I could and I might someday but I don't have a credit card or a way to get them in the house if I order (My parents would get REALY suspicious). Ah well, I"ll grab whatever appears first. Than again...

Is one maybe slight less crappier than the other or should I just grab whatever appears first? I know that sounds stupid but i'm pretty limited here.
    Part of the answer to your overall question is contingent on how you feel about pull-up type diapers and/or clothlike covers as well as your size. If you're a big guy, Goodnites are going to be ridiculous regardless of how you feel. If you're small to medium build, you've got more options. If size is not a concern and if you like pull-ups with cloth covers, Goodnites probably come in modestly ahead. If you want a plastic cover with tapes, there's no alternative between the two to Depends Fitted Maximum Protection (accept no substitutes). Even with this, the Depends aren't a great diaper and have fairly low capacity, but they can provide a genuine diaper experience until you can find something better online. Unfortunately, as we've discussed in another thread, that kind of Depend seems to be less available with the introduction of their new male/female targeted products.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun1162 View Post
    Personally I like GoodNites more because of the snug feeling... The Depend Refastenables are alright, but not as nice as GoodNites due to their ruffly sides and the tabs that can tear on you. The Fitted Briefs are OK, and they will give more of a 'diaper' feel, and probably hold a little more then a GoodNite, but I personally dislike them... They always fit loose on me no matter how I do the tapes, and they leak on my constantly, probably more then I've had GoodNites leak on me. But if your into trying something new I'd go with the Depend Fitted Briefs, just so you can be your own judge.
    Ok, I think I'll stick with goodnites for now and try the depends on my next run. thanks

No problem, just glad I could help. I was running low on Depends when I went and picked a bag of GoodNites up, and liked them over the Depends so much (thought I'm sure not everyone would feel this way) I went and bought a second bag the day after.