• Submissive

25 67.57%
  • I'm not into BDSM

12 32.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bdsm

Default Bdsm

I wanted to know if you are dominant or submissive when involed in bdsm.
    I am more submissive, one of my friends think it is weird cause I am a guy, but I don't think so. I have done a lot of research on the net and I think guy are submissive.
    Last edited by baby_mike; 24-Mar-2008 at 09:12. Reason: type-o

I'm submissive, very much so. Generally, girls are a little bit more submissive than guys, so I can see where your friend is coming from. But there are loads of submissive guys out there too, it's by no means weird.

From various other discussions on this site, I can guess how this poll is gonna turn out... 99% of the voters will probably be subs. Also, you might wanna add an "I'm not into BDSM" option.

You meant to say weird, but I thought you meant "wired" like the way the male brain is designed. So it didn't make sense at first.

Anyway, I'm definitely submissive. But I'd like being dominant here and there... just for the heck of it. Probably not much though.... I doubt I'd be good at it.

I'm not really into the typical BDSM stuff though... some of it seems too complicated (for me). I don't hate leather, but sometimes it seems like there's too much leather. Also, I kinda like the idea of being restrained, but sometimes it seems excessive. And I'm mostly into painless stuff.... except maybe some light spanking (too much and I wouldn't like it) But... I've never tried any of it in real life anyway. So I guess nothing is set in stone.

Quote Originally Posted by ShippoFox View Post
    You meant to say weird, but I thought you meant "wired" like the way the male brain is designed. So it didn't make sense at first.

Anyway, I'm definitely submissive. But I'd like being dominant here and there... just for the heck of it. Probably not much though.... I doubt I'd be good at it.

I'm not really into the typical BDSM stuff though... some of it seems too complicated (for me). I don't hate leather, but sometimes it seems like there's too much leather. Also, I kinda like the idea of being restrained, but sometimes it seems excessive. And I'm mostly into painless stuff.... except maybe some light spanking (too much and I wouldn't like it) But... I've never tried any of it in real life anyway. So I guess nothing is set in stone.
    Sorry for the type-o, i'll fix it.

I think most guys like being tied down.

Added option.

Well I'm mostly submissive, although I think I could enjoy switching roles sometimes... I think it would depend on who I 'with'. I think I most of the time I'd prefer to be submissive, but I could get dominate sometimes.

It does seem like men are meant to be the dominate ones, but I think that's one of reasons I like to be the submissive one...

Although I consider myself a submissive, I am NOT into BDSM...I don't like bondage, not into discipline, and certainly can't see me partaking in sadism (I don't like causing pain to others) or masochism (definitely don't like pain myself).

Dominants and submissives are not defined by BDSM, although a great many of them are into the many and varied aspects of BDSM.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanna View Post

Dominants and submissives are not defined by BDSM, although a great many of them are into the many and varied aspects of BDSM.
    BDSM doesn't just stand for Bondage Discipline Sadism Masochism. It's not a normal acronym...

BDSM means: Bondage & Discipline, Domination & Submission, Sadism & Masochism.

So the D and S stand for two things.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie F View Post
    BDSM doesn't just stand for Bondage Discipline Sadism Masochism. It's not a normal acronym...

BDSM means: Bondage & Discipline, Domination & Submission, Sadism & Masochism.

So the D and S stand for two things.
    BDSM traditionally stands for Bondage, Discipline, Sadism, Masochism

D/s (the s is almost always lowercase) indicate Dominant/Submissive

At least that's the way I've always seen the two....but I've only been around for the last 10 years or so...*shrugs*

Well, I'm not into BDSM per se (as getting tied up doesn't get me up), but I am quite submissive at times.