Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: quick question about pampers cruisers.

Exclamation quick question about pampers cruisers.

when you put on a cruiser and do the tabs,can you take the tabs off and go pee in the toilet,and then redo the tabs?or will they not stay anymore?i have to know within 5-6 hours.any answers will be appreciated.thank you.
    Last edited by sp4kl3z; 11-Oct-2009 at 11:36. Reason: more info

angelabauer

Pampers Cruisers are a premium baby disposable using cloth-like outer layer and a better than average Velcro-like tab. Cruisers are marketed as an "active-wear" diaper. The tabs are designed so several re-fastenings are possible. Pampers Baby Dry are intended for times the baby or toddler is quiet, such as sleeping.

Just how often an older child or teen slender enough to squeeze into a Pampers Cruiser can re-fasten the tabs is a matter of practice. Certainly each tabs should re-fasten 3 maybe 4 times. One good approach is to only undo one side when using the toilet. First time undo the left side, then the second time undo the right side. It is the action of re-fastening that kills the holding power of the landing zone, not the tab.

Remember that on babies and toddlers "active-wear" diapers are only intended to be left on a total of 4-5 hours. When they are stretched as on a teen, the side elastic as well as the landing zone will fail sooner than intended.

Quote Originally Posted by angelabauer View Post
    Pampers Cruisers are a premium baby disposable using cloth-like outer layer and a better than average Velcro-like tab. Cruisers are marketed as an "active-wear" diaper. The tabs are designed so several re-fastenings are possible. Pampers Baby Dry are intended for times the baby or toddler is quiet, such as sleeping.

Just how often an older child or teen slender enough to squeeze into a Pampers Cruiser can re-fasten the tabs is a matter of practice. Certainly each tabs should re-fasten 3 maybe 4 times. One good approach is to only undo one side when using the toilet. First time undo the left side, then the second time undo the right side. It is the action of re-fastening that kills the holding power of the landing zone, not the tab.

Remember that on babies and toddlers "active-wear" diapers are only intended to be left on a total of 4-5 hours. When they are stretched as on a teen, the side elastic as well as the landing zone will fail sooner than intended.

Wow...that's like the most informative answer I've ever seen on a "Pampers" topic...are you a P&G representative?

Good information.

-Gus

nothing more to be said, they will be able to be refastened as that is what they are designed to do.

the bigger question with cruisers on a teen is this:

How long before the tabs rip due to being stretched well beyond their designed length?

Answer: from 5 minutes to 5 hours, depending on your waist size. If you have a 28" waist (or more important, 28" hips) then you should be good for 5 hours. 30" waist/hips = 1 hour, 32" waist = 5 minutes.

I was just going to say "yes you can" I really can not ad more to this...

Quote Originally Posted by angelabauer View Post

You could just not use the toilet maybe since you have a diaper on?

angelabauer

Quote Originally Posted by DLTodd420 View Post
    You could just not use the toilet maybe since you have a diaper on?
    Maybe in theory the above is true, but remember Pampers are designed for the bladders of babies and toddlers, not teens and adults. Even in the active toddler years kids wet diapers in a series of tiny voids, not the floods typical of older folks. Pampers and other baby disposables are not intended to be flooded.

So, for those older folks still slender enough for Pampers, using a toilet will remain important. The best way to make use of Pampers is to learn how to release only one tab to slide the diaper out of the way. Then when ready it will be so much easier to return the diaper to position and re-fasten just the one side. Learn to alternate sides and the diaper will last longer.

By the way, this is also true when using adult cloth-like disposables. Some practice is necessary to get tabs (and even sticky tapes) to hold well. For re-use it also takes practice to correctly release a tab. Have some fun doing this practicing!

i have a 31" waist..how long would that be..?

and are you sure only 5 hours max?im talking about size 7 diapers.

they look like theyd fit me perfectly and not rip,they look like the size of my underwear if not just a hair bigger to be honest

by rip i mean faqll apart or anything like that
    Last edited by Trevor; 13-Oct-2009 at 00:48. Reason: merging posts (try to get all your thoughts in one post)

angelabauer

Quote Originally Posted by sp4kl3z View Post
    i have a 31" waist..how long would that be..?

and are you sure only 5 hours max?im talking about size 7 diapers.

they look like theyd fit me perfectly and not rip,they look like the size of my underwear if not just a hair bigger to be honest

by rip i mean faqll apart or anything like that
    With all due respect, we have endlessly discussed the issues of teens and adults trying to fit into larger baby disposables. In the interest in being a support community, I will add my thoughts:

The Size 7 Pampers Cruisers are as long as any baby diaper, but they are far too short to reach a point where they can grab on anyone much larger than a 55 pound toddler. Chances are very good even with 31" waist your hips are bigger. Unless the diaper is long enough to grip past your hips as you nip in toward your waist, as the diaper gets heavy with wetting and the elastic side wings go limp, the diaper will slide down and eventually off.

Baby diapers have enough capacity for the intended size and age range, but that is far short of the needs of a teen or adult for any practical time span. The time estimate is based on best case. The more the needed stretch the shorter the time before it goes limp. Also under strain the tabs do not hold well on the landing zone, which is not as robust as real Velcro.

Let me provide an example. In May 2007 the then 11 year old daughter of my nearest neighbor was frustrated with her GoodNites leaking. Seeing TV commercials for Size 7 this girl asked her mom to buy her a package. She was then 4'8" tall, weighed 80 pounds and had 25" hips. Fortunately they only bought the smaller bag of Size 7. Yes, the gal could easily fasten the tabs, but despite her short and slender body on her the Pampers were too small. Dry they would stay in place, but when she tried them in bed because they were so short they leaked at the waist worse than did the GoodNites. The Pampers leg holes were small on her. That is another thing to consider on a teen or adult.

ADISC is all about support, so why not go to a store and spend the USA$10 or so for the small bag of Size 7. Then try them all and get back to us with your experience?

Cruisers Size 6 are reported to stretch nearly as much at the top, but are shorter by an inch when in position. Pampers Baby Dry Size 6 are often easier to put on a chubby toddler and are intended for bed and naps more than active times. Who knows, they might work on you.

More often baby disposables are used by teens and adults as stuffers or as slip-in pads. I make my disposable pads by cutting away the leg gathers and side wings of Size 4 Cruisers. Those are the widest comfortable on me. I know from experience under normal conditions a Size 4 holds 3 -4 hours of my wetting, so I change them before they get soaked. I am 5'3" 106 pounds with 29" hips and no baby disposable diaper has ever fit me effectively.