Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Depends Maximum Protection/Overnight disapearing from stores.

Default Depends Maximum Protection/Overnight disapearing from stores.

Note this is for the USA I meant to put that in the topic, but forgot.

Just wanted to give folks a heads up that many stores are stopping carrying the maximum protection ever since depends started its his/her versions of the depends. CVS and walgreens no longer have it. Rite aid still seems too, but i dunno if that will last or if the maximum protection have been discontinued.

The maximum protection are the best diaper that depends makes and are at least sufficient and previously were easy to get spur of the moment or for use when a thick diaper wasn't desired due to time or visibility contraints.

Has anyone else noticed them disappearing?

Stores had to make room for the "his/her" products. Stores do not get bigger when new products come out. What ever sells the least goes. I remember before the "pull-up" revolution Walgreens carried 6 different lines of adult diapers (not pull-ups) They had 2 lines of Depends regular and overnight. Sizes went from small, (yes they had small) med and large. An Walgreens had 3 lines of regular, (ranging from small - extra large) and overnight in med and large. I "cried" as it happened but I got over it. On the positive side, the death of the "diaper" at retail level has led to an explosion of premium specialty diapers available on line.

Just as it has happened in my other obsession, photography, most of the film I used to shoot is gone. No more Kodachrome, in fact most of Kodak is gone, Polaroid gone, AGFA gone, Konica gone. But with the bad there is good. Smaller manufactures with better papers and film are now accessible to us now the the giants are gone. There has been are resurgence in other alternative process like cyanotypes and paladium, Can you find them at your local drug store no, but they are out there.

Change is constant and on going... What was here yesterday won't be here tomorrow. Sorry but we must all adapt. It sucks that younger folks are going to have to work harder to get real diapers. if more people bought diapers over pull-ups store would still sell them. It's just the way it is.

Butterfly Mage

You'd think that pharmacies would WANT to carry incontinence products that actually worked, but the just don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    You'd think that pharmacies would WANT to carry incontinence products that actually worked, but the just don't.
    I second this. I have NO idea why all the incontinence supplies there just...suck. I mean, they focus on making people better, not being all like "OH YEA HEREZ YO DIPPERS BUT THEY LEAK A LOT" I actually discussed that with my mother one day, and she said it was some sort of money-making thing. Sheesh, society.

They're obviously not the best diapers, but I do like to have them around for light wear. I was annoyed to see Walgreens and one of our northwest regional chains drop them in favor of the newer Depends product that I don't like. So far, Rite Aid has kept them going. It won't really affect me that much if they go away entirely since I have other options. Quite a drag for people with more limited purchasing options. Seems to me they're the best of the worst and it would be a shame for everyone to lose out on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post

Quote Originally Posted by NeiNei View Post
    I second this. I have NO idea why all the incontinence supplies there just...suck. I mean, they focus on making people better, not being all like "OH YEA HEREZ YO DIPPERS BUT THEY LEAK A LOT" I actually discussed that with my mother one day, and she said it was some sort of money-making thing. Sheesh, society.
    Allow me to answer those with this quote

Quote Originally Posted by Random But Relevant Article
    None of the American diapers was that great, actually. There is an economic reason for this. The vast majority of American-made adult diapers are purchased by hospitals, Medicare, and Medicaid. These institutional purchasers are mostly interested in saving money, so diaper manufacturers tailor their products to their buyers' demands, producing diapers that are, essentially, cheap and cheaply made.
    (Source: In search of the best adult diaper.)

Alot of smaller local pharmacies still give you the option to special order your diapers. You can even create accounts at some so they will never have to know who you are. Privacy is still a big thing in the medical community.

At least Wal-Mart still sell them and that the only major store in my town. If they stop selling them, then I'm going to be worry lol.

I saw a similar post like this on an incon site. Basically, the pull-on style, cloth-like diapers have been taking over the adult market at retail chain stores for some time now. They are marketed for people who don't like the idea of diapers, but will wear a pull-on underwear-like garment for "just in case" accidents. Those of us who wet like crazy or mess ourselves or "god forbid" want to wear a good 'ole fashion plastic backed disposable that performs like a baby diaper need to look elsewhere (like online). This may be the best reason yet to move over to cloth diapers and plastic pants. At least you can wash them and don't have to worry about running out of them.

I too have noticed them disapering. I look into discount stores thrift stores. These places carry adult diapers once in awhile and sometimes you can walk out of there with a smile on your face. I am looking into getting cloth diapers cause the thicker the better. But I dont know who you fold them or but them on.