Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting a collar

Default Getting a collar

I'm thinking about buying a collar for myself. Nothing fancy, just something from the pet store. How many people think that is a good idea?

I got mine from the pet store, just blue nylon collar with a buckle.

DO IT NOW!!!!! I have 8 collars 5 nylon and 3 leather. There is just something satisfying about that buckle of a nylon collar to me.

Go for it, they're cool comfortable and a talking point for out in public. In my experience its not normally negative talk either.

Go for it, I have a Collar and a choke chain. I am gonna be getting a new one soon from da collar factory eventually

I don't see why you shouldn't. I got a collar for a friend of mine for Christmas once. I don't remember why I got it for him (he's not a furry), but he wore it at school for about a week. He didn't get to much crap for it either, and he gets crap for everything. I think the worst insult he got was "what, do you think your a dog?" which really kind of insulted the guy who said it because it showed how unintelligent he is.

The whole pet store collar idea is certainly good, in my opinion. Since it's your first time buying, it's wise to purchase from a pet store for a few reasons. First, compared to custom-made human collars, normal collars are dirt cheap. Second - if you buy a collar from a pet store and then decide "This just isn't my thing", you wasted around $10 or so versus a whopping $45 in comparison. But, keep us updated on the whole collar thing - I'm curious as I do not have a collar of my own and was seriously considering purchasing one.

Good luck!!

I got one from a pet store, but for another reason besides furry. Since I decided to go goth, I wanted to get a collar, because 1, I looked good in it, and 2 I loved it! My friend let me wear her's for the whole class, and the next day I got one. Very nice collar, leather, about 8 spikes around it, has a D ring on the back of it.