Thread: Diaper resources in the DC-metro area

Default Diaper resources in the DC-metro area

Hi everyone,
    It's been a crazy few months (ie. played Roger in RENT, packed my entire life and moved to Maryland) .. so I've been taking some time away from my DL. Well, it's time to get my groove going again, and I wish to solicit any and all feedback from those in the DC area that know of any great/comfortable resources for purchasing.

Back in Pennsylvania, I ordered online quite frequently. This was due to the fact that we had mostly large chain stores that carried crappy brands. Since I'm a total stranger and in a new area, I was wondering if anyone knew of any stores that would be worth driving to to restock.

Also, my other dilemma is this: I now have roommates. Two of them, ugh. Although our schedules greatly differ, it is quite a change from what I'm used to. Any feedback from the 20-somethings with roommates is greatly appreciated as well. Share your horror stories and success stories.

Hope this finds its readers well, and I look forward to hearing from new neighbors!

There's a diaper store down in Alexandria (it's in an office building on Rt. 1 just south of the beltway). I'd call/email first, the hours are irregular. It's a quirky place with a rather quirky owner, but it does stock decent stuff.
    The Diaper Super Store

Quirky is a nice way of phrasing it. I shopped there personally when I first moved to DC, and the owner asked me if I needed any help with my changing. Keep in mind, this was my first (and only) purchase there (in person). Also, be prepared to pay exorbitantly high rates. That said, I never found another place to buy quality diapers in DC in a store, and relegated myself to ordering on-line. Hope that this helps!

Local pharmacies are also worth checking out, mine actually stocks decent diapers, which im not in that large of a town.

Quote Originally Posted by bambinobaby View Post
    Quirky is a nice way of phrasing it. I shopped there personally when I first moved to DC, and the owner asked me if I needed any help with my changing. Keep in mind, this was my first (and only) purchase there (in person). Also, be prepared to pay exorbitantly high rates. That said, I never found another place to buy quality diapers in DC in a store, and relegated myself to ordering on-line. Hope that this helps!
    Oh, gosh! I checked the site out earlier and was thinking, "Quirky indeed .."

While they stock some amazing stuff, I read that they are only setting up 'appointments' to make pick-ups. Sounds like a situation I should avoid!

Thanks for the feedback so far. I'm feeling overwhelmed still (I just moved from northeastern Pennsylvania). It scoped out the scene at the grocery store tonight; that was less than impressive. I will check out CVS/Rite Aid soon, I just didn't know if there was a medical supply store, etc worth checking out. Thanks again!

You should try out the local medical supply stores in the area. Although I have never been in the store long enough to know their stock and even if they had diapers, there is a medical supply store up in Kentlands close to the movie theater up there. Don't know any other medical supply stores but checking them out can help.