Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Treatment?

Default Treatment?

I have been looking at some depression websites and I am wondering this... Some days I feel really depressed and lonely, but other days I am a normal functioning member of society. So I am wondering this... would it be worth it to see a psychologist if I don't feel bad all the time? I would like to get some self esteem issues worked out and figure out why I am mentally unable to talk to females.

Yes, if you have things you want to find out and try to help yourself then it is worth it. Good luck.

Butterfly Mage

A good therapist can certainly help. On the surface, it doesn't sound like your depression is bad enough for *medical* intervention, but you may certainly benefit from some traditional counseling. Besides, who *doesn't* need someone non-judgemental to talk to once in a while?

Well I just don't want to make my parents insurance rates sky rocket if it isn't that bad, if you are looking for non judgmental people to talk to, that is what your best friend is for....but there is always the chance that they are a traitor too.

Try figuring it out yourself before you go to some doctor and wind up on meds of some sort, I think depression is just want, we want this and that, but we can't get it and we get or feel depressed over it.

If you had a million bucks do you think all of your problems would vanish?

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    defiantly it would
    Until we inherit the problems that having a million dollars brings upon us.

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    I have been looking at some depression websites and I am wondering this... Some days I feel really depressed and lonely, but other days I am a normal functioning member of society. So I am wondering this... would it be worth it to see a psychologist if I don't feel bad all the time? I would like to get some self esteem issues worked out and figure out why I am mentally unable to talk to females.
    I think depression switching on and off is a normal thing if you have it. For me it comes in episodes and the other times I'm perfectly fine. I think whilst it's still like this is the time to tackle it, whilst it's still manageable.

As for seeing a psychologist, that may be a bit more than is needed. First off I'd try talking to a friend you can trust and confide in. I don't know the causes behind your depression, but you only have to tell him as much as you are comfortable with.

I told my best friend I was feeling depressed, but left out the TB/DL stuff as he didn't need to know. Even if they can't offer advice, sharing the problem does actually make you feel better. It's certainly reduced the amount of depressive periods, and means I know I have someone to turn to if I'm down.

If that doesn't work then something more is needed and you might turn to professional help, but see how it goes first then reconsider your options if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by ballucanb View Post
    I think depression is just want, we want this and that, but we can't get it and we get or feel depressed over it.

If you had a million bucks do you think all of your problems would vanish?
    I don't think depression is quite as simple as that from my experience. Money can't buy everything, and it's true.
    When somebody wants a material item, they may be annoyed they can't have it, or feel it's unfair, however unless it's a basic need, I doubt it's likely to drive someone to depression.

The things more likely to drive people into depression are things that are not so simple to obtain. For example, the want of a stable relationship (or just to be able to interact well with the opposite gender) on the want to be cared for. These are things that money can't buy, so may seem impossible to obtain for some people. Being unable to obtain it and the increased importance it holds within the person is likely to be the reason for many people's depression.

If I had all the money I wanted, I'd still be missing what I really want in life, and the money would just create more problems in itself.

My point about the money was, if you think money would solve your problems you don't need a doctor, you need money.

As far as I know other than stealing it, there is only one way to get money, and I did it my entire life I worked hard for it, and if I wasn't mamed in an accident at work I would still be working for it.

I stared working when I was in 7th grade, just a few hours a week, but from then on I had my own money, any money comming in will help you win your independance, I highly recommend it.

Haha, you seem to have missed some stuff about me. I have been working very hard since last year. I now work 3 jobs and run 2 businesses. there is always money coming in for me, but that is never enough, I always want MORE!!!