Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The New Fall TV Season and why NBC sucks!

Default The New Fall TV Season and why NBC sucks!

Well here we are again...Fall.

Cheers to:

ABC for Modern Family, Cougar Town, and Eastwick. Now if they just bring back "Better Off Ted" they have a serious shot at stealing the comedy crown from NBC once and for all.

Jeers to:

NBC for...well just about their entire line up. Seriously, they canceled the best shows they had, My Name is Earl, and Life, both gone. Parks and Rec is a piece of crap, The Office has jumped the shark, 30 Rock is their only Ace in the hole (And still the best comedy on TV)

Cheers to:

SyFy Network for Star Gate Universe (Or SG-U) as they are tagging it. I'd never been a fan of the Star Gate series, but I caught the pilot episode of SG-U and have to say that it looks promising. Caprica is due to make its appearance in January, again, saw the DVD Pilot and it looks very promising as well. They have a very big hole to fill in their line up without Battlestar or Dr. Who...let's hope they can do it.

What's everyone else watching?

-Gus

Hmmm, what am I watching?

Top Gear on BBCA, Hell's Kitchen on FOX. Dexter and Californication on SHO. Weeds and Burn Notice are off right now, so can't watch those. That's about it.

I'm watching Dollhouse (amazing show!), The Big Bang Theory and Dexter. That's it

House, Lie To Me, Flashforward, Fringe, Community, Dexter and stargate universe are the only scripted shows I can recall watching at the moment..

Good eats is starting next monday though and Mythbusters starts tomrrow

I'm just watching Hell's Kitchen and Fox's Animation Domination - Simpsons, Clevland Show, Family Guy and American Dad.

I watch the sience channels, the only time I have the networks on is for the news, otherwise I enjoy the real life crime stuff, when not watching the sience channels.

I don't think I have seen a network show in the past 5 year or more, I just lost interest in garbage tv.

The idea of television seasons always seems a bit strange to me, although not for any reason other than it being unfamiliar, I suppose. Just strikes me as terribly grand and embellished somehow - making it into an event and all that.

Anyhoo, I'm not really watching anything at the moment. I tend to get stuck into one programme at a time and generally after it's finished or when it's been established for a while so I can watch it at my leisure with a box-set, on the Iplayer or streamed somewhere. I got through The Wire (which is bloody amazing and the best thing ever made for TV) over the last year or so, but that was the last programme I really got my teeth into. I think I'm going to watch True Blood when I can find the time as it sounds fun and I still need to watch Generation Kill sometime soon.

I will be having an Iplayer session with Criminal Justice this weekend though. I don't know if it's going to be on BBC America or anything so it might be hard to get hold of, but I'd recommend it if you can. It's one of these miniseriesmajobs with just five episodes so not too much of a commitment and the first series was excellent so it's got to worth a look. It's a simple idea of following one criminal case through all the angles, perspectives and stages, but very well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
    I'm just watching Fox's Animation Domination - Simpsons, Clevland Show, Family Guy and American Dad.
    That line up is so freaking idiotic, 3 shows that are all back to back are Seth MacFarlane. Family guy and American Dad are great and decent shows.. but the Cleveland show is just a cash cow and nothing more.

Fox has ridden themselves of great TV shows not only on their sunday night lineups but everywhere else too. Futurama, King of the Hill, Greg the Bunny, Titus, firefly, Freakylinks, Terminator (it ended on a massive cliffhanger) etc. Fox wouldn't need so many damn stupid reality shows if they kept these shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Terminator (it ended on a massive cliffhanger) etc. Fox wouldn't need so many damn stupid reality shows if they kept these shows.
    Agreed, killing terminator was a horrible idea...I just don't get people who do programing, they had a show that was developing a potentially huge fan base and they kill it after 2 great seasons. Unreal.

-Gus

Quote Originally Posted by Angusmac View Post
    Agreed, killing terminator was a horrible idea...I just don't get people who do programing, they had a show that was developing a potentially huge fan base and they kill it after 2 great seasons. Unreal.

-Gus
    Some of the terminator episodes really did suck I'll admit that. But it was finally starting to pick up near the end of season 2.

How do they keep Dollhouse and not Terminator as well?