Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Damn you Vlesi!!! *sad*

Default Damn you Vlesi!!! *sad*

Today I opened up my last packet of Abena's and decided that it was time to go and get some more. The trip out to the (only) store that sells Abena's is ~ 2 hours away each way, so I decided to try something different. I was tempted to go the Lille's again but its becoming summer here and they're a bit plasticy to wear outside.

I opted to go for the Vlesi brand. They're neither cheap nor expensive and I've never used them before, so I figured, why the heck not. Did some research, the Vlesi Slip Comfort Premium is the most absorbent, and the mediums fit a 70-120cm waist, or so says the website. They have a funky pinstripe design

So I wander down to the store (about 20 minutes each way on the train + a 2km walk) and grab some and come home. Open the packet, and find that these are the most plasticy diapers I've ever seen (not an entirely bad thing) and they're BRIGHT PINK!! Neither of these things worry me. Then I go to put one on.. and they don't fit!! I Have a 34-36" waist (90-100cm) and they don't fit!! What happened to the supposed 70-120cm as promised on the website!!!

So now I have 2 bags of diapers that don't fit me. And I have no room in my hiding place for any more.. so I either have to throw these out, or hang on to them and have no diapers in the mean time!!

*sad*

Can you get just the top tapes to work?

Can you return the unopened bag to the store? You're not satisfied with the product, you want a bigger size, etc.

I'd keep them and use them as stuffers. Though if you have no more room then you'd have nothing to stuff... so I guess returning them like Olivia said is your best bet.

I know......

Vlesi diapers have the weirdest fit I've ever seen.... and they're the most crinlky I've ever tried too! The leg cuffs seem to be designed for people with skeleton-thin legs!

The ones "one-step-below-the-maximum-absorbancy" fit a little more regularly, but you can bet I'm not going to buy anymore of them in the future...

Quote Originally Posted by quattrus View Post
    Vlesi diapers have the weirdest fit I've ever seen.... and they're the most crinlky I've ever tried too! The leg cuffs seem to be designed for people with skeleton-thin legs!
    I don't get how they got the sizing so wrong... I fit comfortably in the Abena Medium (70-110cm) and the Molicare medium (90-120cm) and the Lille Medium fit brilliantly.. whereas the Tena Slip Mediums (80-110) fit but not comfortably well...

So I just don't get how Vlesi got it so wrong??

Taking these back is way more effort than they're worth and I couldn't be bothered on eBay... I'll just throw them away unless someone on here wants them?

Quote Originally Posted by z66r2v View Post
    I don't get how they got the sizing so wrong... I fit comfortably in the Abena Medium (70-110cm) and the Molicare medium (90-120cm) and the Lille Medium fit brilliantly.. whereas the Tena Slip Mediums (80-110) fit but not comfortably well...

So I just don't get how Vlesi got it so wrong??
    Eh, good question!

I am too a medium wearer for ALL of the other brands I've ever tried, including the ones you mention, and the fun thing is that if you try the same Vlesis you've got, but in size L, they'd be too large on you (assuming we're similarly sized), and they'd sag and leak (personal experience). I bought mine on ebay a couple of years ago in a stock of assorted diapers, and even if I only got a few of them (both M and L)..... I've still got most of them left in my stash because of their horrible fit.

I have a 31/32 inch waist. Would they fit me? I can paypal you some money for shipping, if you'd be willing to send them to me discreetly (just in a plain box).

*EDIT*, nevermind, you live in australia, and I live in the U.S.........

I'm assuming postage would be ridiculous.........

I was so close to good diapers!
    Last edited by Virtual_Gravity_27; 05-Oct-2009 at 18:30.