Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Facebook- An addiction?

Default Facebook- An addiction?

Something that we all know that has happened over the past year or two- the Facebook boom. Although there are many who don't have Facebook accounts, chances are that many of us have it as one of our guilty pleasures. So have you ever considered for those who have Facebook accounts: are you an addict?

I can say that now considering it I do spend a lot of my time on Facebook each day. Whenever you hear news of Facebook being an addiction, you scuff that it isn't you: but in reality it is. In my true feelings, I can now proudly say that I am a Facebook addict. And damn proud of it.

So, if you do have a Facebook account, do you consider yourself an addict? And if you don't, then what is your opinion about Facebook and the world surrounding it?

And by addict, I clarify of a person who can say that they check Facebook at least once every 30 minutes each day. (This is me).

I only recently got a Facebook, so I'm not addicted yet. But I could see how it could be.

I had a Facebook at one time but it was just to help upload photos to sites. I feel sorry for the people that are on it for 12+ hours a day.

Definitely not a facebook addict. I do have an account though. I don't really have the attention span for social networking sites. My use of facebook is more akin to that of email... just using a different protocol.

I'm not sure I have an encompassing opinion on facebook users. I've seen many different kinds of users with different motivations ranging from self-obsessed to just needing a little distraction at times.

I love Facebook.

It's a great way to get in touch with old friends. My social network has expanded considerasbly over the past few months.

It's also a great way to organize local shows. Being a part of the local music scene, playing live shows, and DJing gigs, it really helps to have everybody you know on Facebook to keep in touch with people about organizing events. It's accessible, it's portable on most phones, and it's a lot easier than calling these weird-ass people you'd never normally want to talk to.

I wouldn't say I was an addict, but I'm on Facebook often enough. Like what Dawes said, its a good way to keep in touch with friends, and I'm often on the chat to talk to people from wherever

I'm definitely a facebook addict...but not to the point where I can't get along without it for large amounts of time. But I don't see it as that big of deal because it helps me keep in communication with people I would normally get no chance to talk to. So to me it's just like any other kind of social behavior.

So like many things in life (my teddy bear, anyone? ), I feel ok about it because I'm in control and I can do it in enough moderation so that my life doesn't revolve around it. But like my teddy....I am pretty addicted to it.

I have a Facebook, but I don't see how someone could be addicted to it. I could see someone checking it several times a day, but other than that, I don't see what else there really is to do.

I think too many things are classified as 'addictions' these days.

I use it to talk to people in college who have moved away, and to write scornful messages on peoples' posts about how they're being lazy or not doing their homework. Hardly any more addictive than any other form of communication.