Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Haunted House Season!

  1. #1
    Butterfly Mage

    Default Haunted House Season!

    Ah... October... One of my favorite times of year. Wnhy, you may ask? Because it's "Haunted House Season"!

    A mere 40 miles north across the PA line, some of the most awesome haunted house exhibits come to life this time each year. I try to see as many of them as I can. So far this year I have seen:

    -- The Eastern State Penitentiary. It used to be a prison for hard-core criminals in the 1800s. The warden was a Quaker who thought that 20-30 years of solitary confinement was what would rehabilitate people. It actually drove the inmates stark, raving mad. A section of this historical site is now a haunted house exhibit filled with Undead prison guards, zombie inmates, rats the size of dogs, etc. Very kewl.

    -- Halloween Park: This year, they combined two smaller haunted houses into one very large haunted house. This one feaures several dozen locked rooms that require the visitor to figure out the right triggers for getting the doors open. It's a thinking man's haunted house.

    -- Field of Screams. This haunted house exhibit got a modest upgrade this year too. The owner discovered what a wonderful product is propane! So many things puff great gouts of fire at the visitors now. Very exciting. A Frankenstein section features the biggest Jacob's Ladder I have ever seen. There's a hay ride and two haunted houses. This year,one of the haunted houses has a section that has been converted to look like a very run-down 5-star hotel from the late 1800s and features a goul on a wire (it must be the most awesome job there -- to fly around all night tormenting people, hee hee).

    Oddly enough, all these wonders (and more) are found in southern Pennsylvania. Here in Maryland, we don't really have such things. But it's worth the drive.

    As a cultural side note, it cracks me up how the pagan holiday of Samhain has evolved into the secular holiday of Halloween. In Samhain, the Veil that seperates the material world and the spirit world is the thinnest. It's also the Wiccan "new year" from a liturgical standpoint.

    Hopefully next weekend I'll have the $$ for "The Haunted Mill" or "Jason's Woods".

  2. #2
    Mesmerale

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    [. . .]-- Field of Screams. This haunted house exhibit got a modest upgrade this year too. The owner discovered what a wonderful product is propane! So many things puff great gouts of fire at the visitors now. Very exciting. A Frankenstein section features the biggest Jacob's Ladder I have ever seen. There's a hay ride and two haunted houses. This year,one of the haunted houses has a section that has been converted to look like a very run-down 5-star hotel from the late 1800s and features a goul on a wire (it must be the most awesome job there -- to fly around all night tormenting people, hee hee).[. . .]
    Field of Screams!!!

    Meet me there! I love that place.

    And it's in Maryland, thank you. :tongue:

  3. #3

    Default

    I love all of those, too! Maybe we should plan a group trip? Field of Screams and Jason's Woods are both a blast!

    Eastern State Penitentary offers a fucking awesome Halloween walk-through. It's creepy, fun, and big! Totally worth it! There's nothing better than getting yelled at by zombie C.O.s to go through criminal processing just to have a hilariously fun jaunt through a huge, scary place!
    Last edited by Dawes; 05-Oct-2009 at 18:45. Reason: wtf, dawes.

  4. #4

    Default

    They are a few here in my area of northeast Pa, one I can think of is called Horror Hall, most around here are run for charity by students at the local uni.

    Never been myself but a freind of mine used to work one every year, he really enjoyed scareing kids on halloween, he told me stories of kids passing out after scareing them with his antics.

  5. #5

    Default

    I can't even stay in my room when it's dark. Occasionally I'll leave a lamp on as a night lite. I refuse to go to any haunted houses for the safety of my pants and their floors, and my mental health. I couldn't sleep after watching the village, which wasn't a scary movie at all. There is no way I can go to a haunted house, not even an easy one. No way no how. Naw ahh. You can't make me. NO!

  6. #6

    Default

    Haha....it all sounds so great. Here in Lynchburg, Liberty University has a big haunted house. It's so scary that their advertisement advises parents not to bring young children. In reality, it's a big push to scare you shitless to church, preferably their church. They show teenagers dead from drug overdoses and car crashes, etc.

    We took our church youth group to it, but advised them what to say at the end of the tour. At the end they ask you if you "are saved". If you foolishly say, no, or what's saved, they take you to another room and preach at you for about 45 minutes, a fate worse than the teenage car crash, if you ask me.

    Dawes, I love your response, so I would like to go through the Liberty U. Haunted House, at at the end say to them...."This was fucking awesome!"

  7. #7

    Default

    I'm not much for haunted houses but a few friends and I are designing one. One of my friends can take out one of his eyes so we are trying to work that in.

  8. #8
    Mesmerale

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Dawes View Post
    I love all of those, too! Maybe we should plan a group trip? Field of Screams and Jason's Woods are both a blast!

    As an aside, up in Philadelphia, there's historical Eastern State Penitentary that offers a fucking awesome Halloween walk-through. It's creepy, fun, and big! Totally worth it! There's nothing better than getting yelled at by zombie C.O.s to go through criminal processing just to have a hilariously fun jaunt through a huge, scary place!

    Oh my god, yes. Can we pleaasseee???!?!?



    Quote Originally Posted by link View Post
    I can't even stay in my room when it's dark. Occasionally I'll leave a lamp on as a night lite. I refuse to go to any haunted houses for the safety of my pants and their floors, and my mental health. I couldn't sleep after watching the village, which wasn't a scary movie at all. There is no way I can go to a haunted house, not even an easy one. No way no how. Naw ahh. You can't make me. NO!
    Aww, but it's so much fun. You've gotta try it once. Especially standing next to me. When I'm in on a haunted trail, I turn into the Queen of Irony and Casual Conversation. ^_^ (Meaning that I try to make light conversation with the people screaming at me with chainsaws. )



    Quote Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
    I'm not much for haunted houses but a few friends and I are designing one. One of my friends can take out one of his eyes so we are trying to work that in.
    How?!? I wanna know how he does it. ^_^

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Mesmerale View Post
    How?!? I wanna know how he does it. ^_^
    Simple, He's blind and the eye is fake.

  10. #10
    Mesmerale

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
    Simple, He's blind and the eye is fake.
    Cool!!!

    'cept for the blind part.

Similar Threads

  1. Season is over!!!!
    By diaperedwolfcub in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 18-May-2009, 12:47
  2. Your sleepwear for the winter season
    By Peachy in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 26-Mar-2009, 04:33
  3. The Christmas Season
    By Shen in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 20-Dec-2008, 11:57
  4. Haunted Houses
    By Mandy in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 21-Oct-2008, 18:26

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.