View Poll Results: Were ya surprised to know I'm black cub?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Surprised

5 8.77%
  • Somewhat Surprised

11 19.30%
  • So So

11 19.30%
  • Maybe a Lil Surpised

15 26.32%
  • No Surprised at All

15 26.32%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Fun Reaction

Default A Fun Reaction

This is something that makes me laugh a lot. And I'm also curious of your response as well.

So I do go to many cons n furmeets, mostly in the Southern U.S., when I attend them, ppl get shocked that, other than I'm a babyfur, I'm a black babyfur. As IRL skin color.

I know there's a handfull of us out there, yet I'm too curious to do they get the same reaction?

All n all their reactions makes me smile really n I have heard others' stories about this some.

Soooooo..... tell me what was your reaction when ya found? Or if you're just finding out from this post?

hehe I know one Black babyfur. when I found out I didn't really think much about it. Who cares really.

Quote Originally Posted by stonemask55 View Post
    hehe I know one Black babyfur. when I found out I didn't really think much about it. Who cares really.
    its in all fu really, nuthin serious. I dun opinions tho ^^

silly bro *hugs*

Well, based on the fact that the majority of *B/DLs and furries are white, I have to say that I was a bit surprised when I first found out a while back while looking on your dA page. But skin colour doesn't matter at all to me. You're you, and you're a great guy and a really good artist. That's all that matters.

*giggles and hugs back*

Peachy

I wasn't surprised now when you posted in this thread, although I have to admit that you didn't quite fit my expectations when I first found out that you weren't the typical fur or AB/DL.

For some odd reasons, every single person I've met from this forum, or every person I've seen a picture of, was white, and very few Asians. But except for that one or two black people's picture among the 10,000s in the former aby.com gallery, I haven't run into any black people yet in the AB/DL world.

In that sense, you're an exception. You don't fit the stereotype of the typical furry (the word always draws up images of a long-haired pale white skinny guy in my head), or the typical black person ('cute' is not something I tend to associate with black people; images of strong, tall, manly come to mind). So either way, you're a welcome exception to a rule...a silly rule at that - why are there so few black babyfurs or AB/DL? Are they hiding? Or is it the fact that diapers are white and only blend into white skin but stick out like a pink hippo in a pack of wolves on black people?

The good thing is: When furries are in their fursuit, it doesn't matter who's underneath the suit So I can see that people are surprised when you finally take it off

Peachy

Butterfly Mage

I guess I never think about race much since I can't SEE anyone on the forum. ;-)

That banner you have would make a great diaper tape. Can I, Can I, Can I?

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    Or is it the fact that diapers are white and only blend into white skin but stick out like a pink hippo in a pack of wolves on black people?
    The interesting fact is that, the few times I saw pics of diapered black guys, I always found the contrast between the skin colour and the diaper to be quite... ehm... sexy.

Back on topic, I agree that any possible surprise is very likely caused by statistics: if you're used to see that the majority of people within a certain group is made in a certain way, you'll be naturally inclined to think that everyone in that group is made that way, until proven differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    I guess I never think about race much since I can't SEE anyone on the forum. ;-)
    hehehe fair enough ^^

Quote Originally Posted by quattrus View Post
    The interesting fact is that, the few times I saw pics of diapered black guys, I always found the contrast between the skin colour and the diaper to be quite... ehm... sexy.

Back on topic, I agree that any possible surprise is very likely caused by statistics: if you're used to see that the majority of people within a certain group is made in a certain way, you'll be naturally inclined to think that everyone in that group is made that way, until proven differently.
    ummmm hehehe that made me blush some ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Celebi View Post
    That banner you have would make a great diaper tape. Can I, Can I, Can I?
    I make lotsa those really ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    I wasn't surprised now when you posted in this thread, although I have to admit that you didn't quite fit my expectations when I first found out that you weren't the typical fur or AB/DL.

For some odd reasons, every single person I've met from this forum, or every person I've seen a picture of, was white, and very few Asians. But except for that one or two black people's picture among the 10,000s in the former aby.com gallery, I haven't run into any black people yet in the AB/DL world.

In that sense, you're an exception. You don't fit the stereotype of the typical furry (the word always draws up images of a long-haired pale white skinny guy in my head), or the typical black person ('cute' is not something I tend to associate with black people; images of strong, tall, manly come to mind). So either way, you're a welcome exception to a rule...a silly rule at that - why are there so few black babyfurs or AB/DL? Are they hiding? Or is it the fact that diapers are white and only blend into white skin but stick out like a pink hippo in a pack of wolves on black people?

The good thing is: When furries are in their fursuit, it doesn't matter who's underneath the suit So I can see that people are surprised when you finally take it off

Peachy
    well why are there a few of us? I dunno. I know we're out there. But hey we have ppl out there in the closet about a lot of things.
    Last edited by Trevor; 03-Oct-2009 at 01:14. Reason: merging posts