Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Question about the Quak

Default Question about the Quak

Well, my parents found out about my depression, via the Gestapo (AKA police). They said if I want to I can go see someone. I just have one question about the psych. If, they think you are really screwed up, can they just essentially hold you against your will and commit you? Like if the doc. thought I was messed up could he/she with out my consent or family's consent "imprison me" against my will in an institution?

This is truly what I am afraid of.

GaashaHuzzah

Nah, no one can just go:

"Bitch, you crazee!", get you into a straight jacket, and send you off to the loony bin.

If they could, i wouldn't be typing this :3

Not unless you're a danger to yourself or society...the short answer is NO.

Relax.

GaashaHuzzah

Nope, not at all.

I think their has to be a court case before you can even be dubbed "LEGALLY insane"

At times I am a danger to myself, lol. I think I am just paranoid, but like no I feel as though I cannot trust anyone with what I say.

GaashaHuzzah

Well you trusted me with some stuff... and you'll actually know what that guy looks like

ya, but i mean if i say something that makes him think I am a threat to myself, I don't want to be essentially arrested and committed.

GaashaHuzzah

Well what are you gonna say?

"I like killing people then stabbing myself with thier femurs." ?

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    Well, my parents found out about my depression, via the Gestapo (AKA police). They said if I want to I can go see someone. I just have one question about the psych. If, they think you are really screwed up, can they just essentially hold you against your will and commit you?
    Your parents are giving you a choice. You don't have to go to the doctor if you don't want to. They're only trying to help you.

Unless you express to them that you want to kill or harm anyone (yourself included) they won't take action. Confidentiality and all that.